Main Menu

Started by besilarius, November 26, 2019, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Agreed that the "How it was made" part was also excellent.  I went with a movie buff buddy and he was enthralled.  I found it very interesting, and I'm not a movie buff.

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2019, 01:01:22 PM
Look at Dr. Fancypants and his 'theater.' I'll be watching it on Amazon. I hope the making of is included.

Dr. Quest: Please remember that Gus lives in a small town that retains "must be this tall to see any movies not G rated."  He gets angry when he thinks about going to "theaters."   ;)

DoctorQuest

Well, I don't have an Amazon Prime account so we're sort of even.   O0

And I grew up in a small town. I understand the cultural and artistic challenges.  :'(
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Has anyone seen this yet?

Gusington

I'm seeing it tomorrow.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Love to hear your thoughts about the movie.

Gusington

On my way into Manhattan right now! 130 showtime.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

The short of it: one of the top 20 war movies I have ever seen. Right up there with Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Saving Private Ryan, Tora Tora Tora and countless others. The story is simple and easy to follow and has been done many times before. It's the technical aspects of 1917 that really make it special, as well as the acting. The final scene of a British Army unit going over the top is unlike anything I have ever seen. It captures the chaos and fear and hopelessness of the First World War awesomely. I don't think anyone here will be disappointed if they see it. Also recommend seeing it on as big a screen as possible. It will be beautiful and awe inspiring. Definitely a movie I will watch many times in the future.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Looking forward to seeing it, but doesn't come out in our area until 2nd week of January.....

Gusington

Yeah it's release is sporadic and limited right now. The theater I saw it in was sold out. Everyone was silent throughout most of the movie. There was some laughter at the beginning that I thought was a little inappropriate but I may just be getting older and ornery. There were a few audible 'ewws' from some scenes early on too but after that everyone STFU. Many people applauded at the end.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Thanks for the review.  We plan to see it in January.

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

You're welcome. It will be worth your time I think.

Just watched Peter Jackson's They Shall Not Grow Old...also excellent and haunting.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

On my list when it comes out in my neck of the woods for sure.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.