Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

it will be interesting to see how this whole war is treated in future wargames.
I see a lot of pasta rules happening.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

^ What you did, right there...

I saw it...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

I would hope this forum would get it.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bobarossa

After the pasta rule being highlighted on Big Bang Theory how could we not get it?

JasonPratt

Now we just need to come up with some 'pasta rules' ahead of time for this one!

For example, I suggest a meme-war mechanic for bolstering morale and extra dribbles of supplies, to be applied every... three weeks? (This timeframe should be tracked and applied completely independently of the actual time-per-turn rate, of course.  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, since we're now halfway through August, more-or-less, I'll post a reminder that last month an economic theory was going around, to the effect that Russia's economy would be even more of a disaster than it currently is, if its businesses hadn't decided a couple of years ago to start saving up 6 months of operating reserves instead of the normal 3 months, as a pandemic cushion.

Mid-August was the projected time we would see those reserves start running out (not all at once of course), leading to a massive shift in Russia's attitude toward the war, nominally toward de-escalation although depending on how crazy/desperate Putin and his team are things could start veering all kinds of wacky ways, such as civil war breaking out or a serious nuclear ultimatum. (Or both -- the crazy options weren't necessarily mutually exclusive.) (Well, 'crazier' options. ;) )

We'll see how things proceed from here.

Perhaps relatedly, various economy channels on YT have been starting countdown clocks to China's economy collapsing in less than a month for various reasons (like Sri Lanka's and now Pakistan's own economies crashing, which China is heavily leveraged into). Naturally this has more bearing on what they might do (or might be unable to do) regarding Taiwan; but it could also lead to interesting pressures on Putin, or deals with him.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

russian state tv is already talking about the economic benefits of the natural resources theyve taken from the Ukraine.

GDS_Starfury

also at this weeks military show in moscow the russians are showing off their ultra advanced T-62.....

Pete Dero

Quote from: bobarossa on August 15, 2022, 07:03:55 AM
After the pasta rule being highlighted on Big Bang Theory how could we not get it?

https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/09/18/pasta-rule-campaign-north-africa-not-actually-thing/
https://kotaku.com/the-notorious-board-game-that-takes-1500-hours-to-compl-1818510912

As Berg explains, the rule wasn't even entirely factually accurate. "The reality is that the Italians cooked their pasta with the tomato sauce that came with the cans," he says.

JasonPratt

greengiant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2022, 08:44:01 AM
russian state tv is already talking about the economic benefits of the natural resources theyve taken from the Ukraine.

Wow, after a long day and now being exhausted, I didn't think I'd be able to get this *(#$&#$ off about a single line of text. In a case of lovely irony, I hope a freakin bear eats his intestines while he's still conscious someday. Sorry, internet tough guys posts are lame but I just can't... families are dying and they are discussing economical benefits. I am so bloody naive to the world and how many terrible people there are out there... I honestly can't fathom how one could sleep soundly knowing the horror you've ordered your army to commit on a daily basis.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2022, 04:24:57 PM
it will be interesting to see how this whole war is treated in future wargames.
I see a lot of pasta rules happening.

You know how much pasta shit is in Shadow Empire?

&^%$#@!  I don't give a shit if a council leader is rude to a peon, even if the snowflake is from a powerful family. If they are great at their job, I don't need to know - there is a two front war going on and the game brings me family feud??

I need an option that sets a condition like; "if it happens twice - shoot the dummy and replace them with their 2nd in command".
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

W8taminute

Two things caught my attention in these past few posts.

Pasta & Shadow Empire. 

Shadow Empire is temporary but pasta, pasta is forever.   :smitten:

With or without meatballs...
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

this is why the Ukraine will win!

Ukrainian fighters recreated a famous painting to thank volunteers for walkie-talkies))) also, Ukrainian men are beautiful.

fyi I just copy/pasted the original text. 

Gusington

^Well I definitely did not expect to find that here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd