Dominions 5 25% off this week

Started by Myrmidon, October 05, 2020, 08:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrmidon

For any of you who have been looking for a reason to pick up this ultimate strategy game, it's $29.99 this week.  I warn you though, I've already lost hundreds of hours of my life to this game, and I'm still a relative novice. 

We've got a some pretty decent MP games rolling here with it on the Grogheads to boot. 

W8taminute

I'll echo Myrmidon's statements.  I've dumped many hours over the years in Dominions 3 - 5 and am still learning new things about this series.  Dominions 5 is a great game with lots of depth. 

Come join us in our Grogfests if you're interested.   :hug:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Philippe

It's $22.49 at Gamersgate.

I still have a few Blue Coins left -- a shame you can't split a purchase between Blue Coins and cash.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

planetbrain

I am wondering..... to have access to the Steam workshop, would it not be generally better to get a game on Steam, rather than GOG, Gamersgate or where ever ?
Mostly harmless

Philippe

Gamersgate has seen the handwriting on the wall and gives out Steam keys most of the time.

And a good thing too, because their bandwidth is terrible.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: planetbrain on October 06, 2020, 04:22:08 PM
I am wondering..... to have access to the Steam workshop, would it not be generally better to get a game on Steam, rather than GOG, Gamersgate or where ever ?

Most other retailers give out Steam keys that you redeem on Steam itself.  Just make sure to read what your getting when buying from elsewhere, usually they make it clear what key your getting and how to redeem.

MetalDog

Just picked it up today on the advice of several of you fine gentlemen.  Let me get up to speed and I shall join you in one of your fine Grogpocalypse games.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on October 06, 2020, 11:06:18 PM
Just picked it up today on the advice of several of you fine gentlemen.  Let me get up to speed and I shall join you in one of your fine Grogpocalypse games.

Awesome!  There are plenty of guys around here who can help you figure things out if you run into any questions.  Myself included.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk