Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Caught a screenshot of a closed tester's Tirpitz a few nights ago...

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

GDS_Starfury

re-reading Castles of Steel now.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Kushan

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 20, 2015, 08:15:14 PM
re-reading Castles of Steel now.

Great book. I re-read it again last year.

Haven't had much of a chance to play this last week but I finally made some time to jump in for some games today. Had a couple of good games in the Cleveland (this ship is just perfect in every way) and the Omaha, along with some seal clubbing in my Hashdate and Erie.

Gave the Aoba a few more attempts but just not really feeling it. Every time I play it all I can think about is how much more fun I have in the Cleveland. Having 200mm guns is nice but my dispersion rolls in the Aoba suck. Every shot my guns roll max dispersion but the Cleveland for my hardly ever scatters that shots to its max of 134m. Not to mention every hit I take on the Aoba destroys something where the Cleveland just seems to take the damage but nothing critical get destroyed.

Not sure what of the two tech lines I want to go up next. I'm closer to unlocking the Pensacola but that would use all of my free xp I could put towards the Myoko. Getting the Pensacola, even if it inferior to the Myoko, would also make my Cleveland an elite ship and give me more free XP. Or I could just spend $50 on the Atago and call it a day.  ;D
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

GDS_Starfury

I either have an awesome game or a complete shit game in my Cleveland.  recently Ive been playing it more in the AAA defense role and then jumping in for clean up during the endgame.
with battleships I just got the New Mexico and really like it right off the bat.  Ive also really been enjoying the Japanese DD line.  Im getting good with those torpedo spreads and sneaking through the lines and getting CVs.   >:D  :knuppel2:  :D

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Tuna

Had a blast playing with Nefaro's buddy Chi tonight.. Had a very good destroyer match with 14 Torpie hits!..

This game is great!

Nefaro

Cleveland CA is just amazing.  I have a Myoko and despite being able to citadel other cruisers regularly, the fire rate and number of guns on the Cleveland is ridiculous.

Most focus on their gun capability but I've found another awesomesaucery.  Beefcake. It's even more ridiculous because Cleveland almost never gets Citadel hits.  This is probably a bug at the moment, but I can say with much experience that using AP against Cleve is a poor option in most cases.  When I keep angled, my Cleveland lasts as long, or longer, than a battleship.

It's goddamn stupid.  Get a Cleve while the happy times last bros.  ;)

Shelldrake

I am still have a long way to go to get a Cleveland CA but I have had some good battles with my fully upgraded Phoenix CL. Good speed and maneuverability allows me to run away from the big boys while still shooting with the 4 guns that train to the stern. I am still learning the art of using torps but they are sure useful in a close range brawl.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 24, 2015, 10:14:48 AM
I am still have a long way to go to get a Cleveland CA but I have had some good battles with my fully upgraded Phoenix CL. Good speed and maneuverability allows me to run away from the big boys while still shooting with the 4 guns that train to the stern. I am still learning the art of using torps but they are sure useful in a close range brawl.

The Phoenix is nice for it's tier, due to the massive amount of guns on it.  However, you gotta be careful in the Phoenix, and it's sister CLs, when showing your side to experience players who know what they're doing.  They'll get big citadel crits like mad on them, in cruisers and battleships.  So, as always, mind your angling.

Shelldrake

^So I have learned.  :-[
Now I make sure to show my @ss ASAP.  ;)

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 24, 2015, 01:04:50 PM
^So I have learned.  :-[
Now I make sure to show my @ss ASAP.  ;)

Well.. you can also use AP against other CLs and get those hits, so it works both ways in some cases.

I tend to sail away often when angling too, but the rudder and propulsion "hit box" seem to be a little too vulnerable to gunfire when doing so.  Any hits on the rear 1/5th of the whole ship seems to damage one or the other rather quickly.  I'd expect that to happen much more often with torpedo hits back there, but not as much with gunfire.  It's the opposite of that, however.

Kushan

Really awesome preview of the Tirpitz, the first German premium ship. I'm definitely going to be picking it up. For me it has a lot more appeal then the Japanese or American BBs.

Also, they are having another x2 XP weekend.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

Kushan

Just had an amazing game in the Omaha.

High Caliber and Confederate. XP is with a premium account but not doubled for first win of the day. Even got some torp hits which I almost never do in the Omaha.

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

and so can the Minakaze.   8)