New toy - S&W K-22 Outdoorsman

Started by al_infierno, March 15, 2022, 04:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 15, 2022, 08:53:28 PM
Out of 22 handguns in my collection, only a single one is a wheel gun and I inherited it from my father...a Ruger GP100.

Well, Mister, time to trade out some of those bad boys for some sweet, old-fashioned iron!

Sir Slash

I too inherited a gun from my Father, a Nickel-plated .38 snub-nose with his initials on it, which I treasure. It's not as much fun to shoot as a 9 mm. but if you can hit anything with it, it leaves a hole you could put a picture window into.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just sold my last .22 pistol two weeks ago. It was a ridiculous looking electric blue Ruger 22/45 lite.  I had a Beretta Neos before that but I sold it 5-6 years ago because it jammed too much (another spaceman spiff looking pistol).

Shame, but the eyes are going so I don't get to the range very often these days.  Also,  I suspect we won't be allowed to own such things up here for very much longer.

Sir Slash

That is sad SDR. My Sister-In-Law has a little .22 semi automatic I got for her 60th birthday. It's a fun little gun to shoot. My Brother-In-Law meanwhile, has one of those .50 cal. handguns. It scare the shit out of me just looking at it.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

We have a little cabin about 90 miles from the border where we live about 4 months out of the year. The cabin is at the end of  11 miles of rock ranch road with three locked gates on it. It has been getting broken into more and more in the last two years by illegals following a well known nearby route down a power line right of way.  We left for a week last summer and returned to find we had been raided... again. My wife had inadvertently left her pistol there. It was locked in a metal case. The pistol is a single action 22 revolver with a pink grip. Although they stole a number of other things, the miscreants left the pistol in the bashed open case on the floor in the middle of the den. I guess the pink grip was too much for them to handle. My wife was relieved to have her gun, but was mildly insulted that they would not deign to steal it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Toonces

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 15, 2022, 08:56:29 PM
JH accidentally creates his version of tinder.

Man alive I wish I could be this fucking funny!  ^ :2funny:

I can't believe it but I'm actually, finally, in the market for a gun.  My liberal genes are shaking in their...well, wherever genes reside.

Man alive, what a fucking world when I feel like I need a gun.  You guys done fucked it up.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

I'm actually thinking things are so bad, one gun's not enough.  :o

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 17, 2022, 10:21:54 AM
I'm actually thinking things are so bad, one gun's not enough.  :o

Could be right.

If I'm blessed with a sudden influx of cash, I'd be likely to get a lever action and revolver that can sling the same ammo as well as a good double barrel shotgun.

I'm certainly familiar with the M4 platform, but think that, say, a .357/.38 or .44 special/.44 mag rifle/pistol pair would suffice for the type of 2 legged and 4 legged game in and around my neck of the woods.

Whichever way you go, those buying a firearm for the first time, practice safely and practice smartly until proficient!

solops

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on March 17, 2022, 06:33:52 PM

If I'm blessed with a sudden influx of cash, I'd be likely to get a lever action and revolver that can sling the same ammo as well as a good double barrel shotgun.

I'm certainly familiar with the M4 platform, but think that, say, a .357/.38 or .44 special/.44 mag rifle/pistol pair would suffice for the type of 2 legged and 4 legged game in and around my neck of the woods.

Whichever way you go, those buying a firearm for the first time, practice safely and practice smartly until proficient!

".44 special/.44 mag rifle/pistol pair"
The classic rancher double.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on March 15, 2022, 06:03:15 PM

Please do!  :notworthy:

I will when my buddy in Orlando does the FFL transfer of the original cherry condition WWI SMLE he is gifting me for my divorce.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: solops on March 17, 2022, 07:56:57 PM
".44 special/.44 mag rifle/pistol pair"
The classic rancher double.

Dern tootin'

Silent Disapproval Robot

Look into the ammo supply situation beforehand.  I haven't been able to get my hands on .22LR, .223, or 9mmP up here for almost a year.  The only 12 gauge you can find is oddball stuff like #4 buck.  00 and slugs are impossible to get.  The only ammo I can actually still get is less popular stuff like .22WMR and .204 Ruger but my .204 rifle was declared to be a high capacity fully semi-auto assault/ranch style rifleweapon of murdering murder 2 years ago and I'm not allowed to use it.  The gophers have been breathing a little easier since the ban.

Sir Slash

I think if I had a, 'Boy-Toy' wish it'd be for a Winchester lever-action rifle just to have fun with and show-off to friends. If I had any friends that is.  :-[  The Rifleman was my favorite show growing-up. :cowboy:

Jarhead0331

Anybody want a 1919a4? Its for sale.  I'll even throw in an ammo linker and 1,000 links.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Does it keep the Porch Pirates away?