Hello hello! New PR guy for Hooded Horse here

Started by HoodedHorseJoe, September 28, 2022, 05:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoodedHorseJoe

Hello everyone,

My name's Joe, I'm the new communications director here at HoodedHorse. Some of you may remember me as former editor of Wargamer.com "WargamerJoe" - well, I'm back! Craig told me about the dedicated HH area here so I thought I'd return and set-up shop, act as a point of contact for the community here.

Feel free to ping me with any questions you like about Hooded Horse and our games, and I'll try and fill out the forums a bit better as well. Recent developments you may or may note be aware of:

• Terra Invicta, our sci-fi grand strategy game from the creators of XCOM's The Long War mods, has released into Early Access
  • Recently we signed two new games: Heart of the Machine, from the developer of AI Wars 2, and Xenonauts 2
  • We recently ran a Steam event called TactiCon that as far as I can tell was a roaring success, and there were some great panels that went on during the show from people like Soren Johnson and other really cool strategy developers

It's good to be back, and I look forward to chatting to you all!
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Welcome back, Joe. Really looking forward to getting the inside scoop on all the juicy HH news from you here.

...and Congrats on the new job with HH! It seems like a really great opportunity and a good fit for you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

HH has really got some Hella Hot games on the way!  :D  <:-)  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Hello Joe!

Your team is doing some great work and I wish you all the best in your endeavors. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

ArizonaTank

Quote from: W8taminute on September 28, 2022, 07:58:51 AM
Hello Joe!

Your team is doing some great work and I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

+1, definitely like the direction you guys are going.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.