Main Menu

FRIDAY Ga Ga

Started by Jarhead0331, August 09, 2019, 06:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on August 11, 2019, 01:15:32 AM
Through the kindness of some brunch buddies, I have logged 40 hours since Monday on Field of Glory:Empires.  I am terrible at it.  In my defense, I haven't read the manual, only watched the Tutorials, and got a couple of tips from Tuna.  However, he showed me a screenshot of his second game and he's KILLING it!!!  I feel so inadequate :(

Your 40 hours on here far surpasses most Grogheads posting on FOG, so you are killing it!!!.. It is a deep game.. I love that it plays on my laptop, but like to switch to my gaming PC to fit even more of those "One More Turns"!

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on August 11, 2019, 01:15:32 AM
Through the kindness of some brunch buddies, I have logged 40 hours since Monday on Field of Glory:Empires.  I am terrible at it.  In my defense, I haven't read the manual, only watched the Tutorials, and got a couple of tips from Tuna.  However, he showed me a screenshot of his second game and he's KILLING it!!!  I feel so inadequate :(

Awesome MD!  I'm glad you're loving it.  It is a great game but I've played for less than 10 hours.  Too many other distractions are pulling me every which way but loose. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I'm not even close to 40 hours and the AI is killing me!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

I'm like 80 hours. .on my second game a Belgae around 260 turns I think.. Just went decadent about 10 turns ago.. so dealing with Civil wars. .but think I'm still doing okay I am 'old' now, but cdr doesn't seem that bad.. In 2nd place with Legacy.. Macedonia is in first.

My first game as Hibernia ended around turn 120 when Macedonia was three times in legacy compared to the 2nd place player.

Gusington

Just checked and I am at 11 hours :/

For now I have paused playing my Pontus campaign and am playing only our MP game here as Bactria. I play in 5-10 minute bursts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Bought Order of Battle Red Star on the release date and have finished everything but the last scenario.

Tuna

Had a good game of Scythe with JP and my son on TTS. My Son did a great job of learning the rules, and teaching JP and myself the game (this was my son's first time really playing as well). Of course he wonl, with JP coming in 2nd and me pulling up the rear (But I was the 'power' lord!).

W8taminute

^Scythe is an awesome game!  If you guys ever play again and I'm around for that session I'd love to join. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tuna

Gusington

Does your son want to teach me the rules? I had a rough time trying to learn over the winter.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

No gaming this weekend. Spent much of Saturday looking at property to buy. The wife wants me to build one more house to retire on in about 10 years and it has to be the right one. Nothing panned out this time. Getting our weekend cabin ready for sale in the meantime. Went there afterwards and drank too many beers and played a bunch of bags and bar-b-qued. Back at the house now with the thought of a heavy workload ahead of me this week.

No rest for the wicked
When dongles fly? - mirth

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on August 11, 2019, 07:53:43 PM
Does your son want to teach me the rules? I had a rough time trying to learn over the winter.

I think Jason and I feel pretty comfortable with it right now.. If you want we can try sometime.

jamus34

Man i really need to get TTS.

Scythe is also on my shortlist to buy.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Cool maybe Scythe will be easier to grasp in MP. I was befuddled in SP.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

I also grabbed slay the spire through the Humble monthly this month since at that price it's half off the retail. Put about an hour in last night, it's pretty fun.
Insert witty comment here.