You can't make this stuff up...

Started by Jarhead0331, February 16, 2024, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Deputy Yells 'Shots fired!' After Acorn Falls, Proceeds to Unload on Cuffed Suspect in Squad Car

QuoteIn a bizarre case of misjudgment, Deputy Jesse Hernandez of the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office resigned following a shocking incident where he opened fire on a handcuffed suspect in his patrol car. The incident, which unfolded on November 12, 2023, began with a seemingly routine call about a stolen vehicle, leading to the detainment of suspect Marquis Jackson...

The situation spiraled out of control when an acorn fell on the roof of Hernandez's patrol car. Mistaking it for a suppressed gunshot, Hernandez reacted hastily. Believing he was under attack and possibly shot — "I'm hit! I'm hit," he yelled — he began firing at his own vehicle, where Jackson was cuffed in the backseat. Sgt. Roberts, responding to Hernandez's "shots fired" calls, also opened fire, equally convinced of an ongoing threat.

Read more about it and watch the outrageous body cam footage here...
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/deputy-yells-shots-fired-after-acorn-falls-proceeds-to-unload-on-cuffed-suspect-in-squad-car/?utm_source=scipio1775%40hotmail.com&utm_campaign=49&utm_medium=email&utm_content=+Deputy+Yells+%e2%80%98Shots+fired!%e2%80%99+After+Acorn+Falls%2c+Proceeds+to+Unload+on+Cuffed+Suspect+in+Squad+Car+
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

saw that a few days ago.  such a moron.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

was he the most hazed cadet ever?
Cadet Acorn?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I really hope that, before he resigned, the other cops put up some wanted posters featuring chestnuts or showed chipmunk with its cheek pouches full-on nuts and labelled it as a suspected mass shooter.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nuts fired!

Tripoli

Thank God, the suspect in the back seat was unhurt. And the officer(s) involved had the good sense to resign. My lord, I can't believe this....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

GDS_Starfury

while I have no problem with ex military people going into law enforcement I do think there needs to be a minimum period of time between the two.  that in between time needs to have LOTS of training for their new career.  the streets of America are not Sadr City.

Tripoli

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 16, 2024, 01:12:28 PMwhile I have no problem with ex military people going into law enforcement I do think there needs to be a minimum period of time between the two.  that in between time needs to have LOTS of training for their new career.  the streets of America are not Sadr City.

There usually is a lot of training and time, as they have to go to the Law Enforcement Academy. In Wisconsin, that is a minimum of 720 hours of instruction.  I would also note that approximately 19% of law enforcement are former military, and they aren't shooting up the population like these two did.  That indicates that this issue wasn't the inherent result of being ex-military, it was the result of something else.  Sometimes people make dumb mistakes and sometimes people are in jobs they are not suited for.  I'm not sure what happened here, but based on the evidence I've heard so far, I don't think a supportable claim can be made that it was the partially the result of the officer having been ex-military.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

GDS_Starfury

I would say that my experience if pretty much Floriduh based with a healthy injection of first hand observation from my step brother who is a local K-9 officer with a 25 year career.

al_infierno

Seems like a severe PTSD reaction. Apparently the guy's a former Green Beret, though I read somewhere he never saw combat.

But yeah, my jaw was on the floor when I saw that video. If he took a desk job, they'd be egging him on for daily desk pops.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao