What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

(But while I'm passing by, I adore the 80s Flash Gordon movie, and kind of like Last Action Hero. Not a lot, but a little.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Don't get me wrong...the kid in Last Action Hero was possibly the most annoying child in any 90s-era movie. But the rest of it was pretty awesome. Any movie that absolutely does not take itself seriously is okay in my book.

Sir Slash

I liked both movies too. Maybe ARH-NOLD's best over-the-top performance. And good villians too.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

never seen Last Action Hero

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2016, 05:14:12 PM

never seen Last Action Hero

Dude,

You cannot give MD grief for not seeing movies if you've not seen Last Action Hero.

Go and rectify this, now. We'll wait.

mirth

Don't do it Gus. It's a stinker.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Don't listen to these philistines. They took it way too seriously. Check your brain at the door and you'll enjoy it tremendously.

mirth

Gus, this is all you need to know about Last Action Hero - the key plot device is a magic movie ticket.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Gandalf's in it. Nuff said.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I liked the soundtrack well enough when I was in college...and I never give grief to MD over anything. I give Pratt grief for being a weirdo.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Gus is good like that.  The REST of you jamokes...
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Sir Slash

Greybriar

Thanks for recommending it. O0
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.