Meat Loaf Dies: ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Singer & ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Actor

Started by Pete Dero, January 21, 2022, 03:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

https://deadline.com/2022/01/meat-loaf-dead-bat-out-of-hell-rocky-horror-picture-show-1234917056/
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60080934

Meat Loaf, the hardworking singer and actor whose Bat Out of Hell is one of the best-selling albums ever and who played Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, has died. He was 74.

The Grammy winner born Marvin Lee Aday died Thursday night with his wife Deborah by his side, Meat Loaf's longtime agent Michael Greene told Deadline on behalf of the family. He added that the singer's daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends also had a chance to spend time with him and say their goodbyes during the last 24 hours. A cause of death is not being released.

"We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man," Meat Loaf's family said in a statement. "From his heart to your souls...don't ever stop rocking!"

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Oh maan...this one hurts. All of my first memories of...girlfriends long gone...are connected to Meat Loaf. RIP :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

bobarossa

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

on an upbeat note about this:

a buddy of mine went to his first Rocky Horror on Friday night and had a blast.
seems they went over the top in remembrance of him.  \m/
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

Apparently he died of COVID.  Believe that if you want, don't believe it if you don't want.