What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy76

I'm just beginning to feel my way around these forums, so this looks like a safe place to make a first post. I just broke out Avalanche Press's Avalanche from 1994. I got it when it first came out, never played it, and just recently acquired another copy. It's unpunched, so it'll be a while before I actually set it up and start playing it. This past summer I got a bee in my bonnet about Sicily and the Italian campaign, and I've been doing a lot of reading, and selecting/playing games about both. Good fun!

Btw I started my reading here: Sicily and the Surrender of Italy This site is a treasure trove of information about every aspect of the U.S. Army. If you're specifically interested in histories about the U.S. army in WWII, start here: https://history.army.mil/html/bookshelves/collect/usaww2.html
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.- Terry Pratchett

https://boardgamegeek.com/blog/13026/grognard-meanderings

nelmsm

You'll have to let us know how it plays.  I love a good Sicily/Italy game.  I have Salerno '43 from GMT and I see they are working on the next game for Italy, think it will be called Gustav '43 or something similar.  Right now on my table in the man cave I have Crossing the Line from Vuca Simulations and downstairs on the breakfast nook table I'm rounding the counters for Silent War 2.0 to play as well.  Girlfriend is away starting her new job so figure why not use all the table space.  :cool:

MengJiao

Quote from: nelmsm on January 25, 2024, 08:11:06 PMYou'll have to let us know how it plays.  I love a good Sicily/Italy game.  I have Salerno '43 from GMT and I see they are working on the next game for Italy, think it will be called Gustav '43 or something similar.  Right now on my table in the man cave I have Crossing the Line from Vuca Simulations and downstairs on the breakfast nook table I'm rounding the counters for Silent War 2.0 to play as well.  Girlfriend is away starting her new job so figure why not use all the table space.  :cool:

Speaking of Sicily and Southern Italy, I have the Norman Conquests version of Civitate 1053 (Normans knock out the Teutonic Papal Army and checkmate the Byzantines in one quick hit) and I just picked up my attempt to simplify the latest Gazala battle game (the Fall of Tobruk):

Randy76

Quote from: nelmsm on January 25, 2024, 08:11:06 PMYou'll have to let us know how it plays.  I love a good Sicily/Italy game.  I have Salerno '43 from GMT and I see they are working on the next game for Italy, think it will be called Gustav '43 or something similar.  Right now on my table in the man cave I have Crossing the Line from Vuca Simulations and downstairs on the breakfast nook table I'm rounding the counters for Silent War 2.0 to play as well.  Girlfriend is away starting her new job so figure why not use all the table space.  :cool:

I will! Just make sure you don't drop any counters around that breakfast nook. She'll be sure to spot them! 😂
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.- Terry Pratchett

https://boardgamegeek.com/blog/13026/grognard-meanderings