2016 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball

Started by Bison, March 14, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 03, 2016, 07:42:38 AM
I don't think D2D can go on DL

Quote from: Marty Ward on June 03, 2016, 02:59:48 PM
I think there are 2 DL spots but the player has to be on the DL before you can use them.

You are both correct. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

dammit - both of my catchers took the same day off...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Well fought, Marty!  Sweated it out all day.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 11, 2016, 06:33:13 PM
dammit - both of my catchers took the same day off...

Hell, Brian McCann has pretty much taken the last month of for me. Stupid damn Yankees.

MetalDog

A Pens fan AND a Yankee hater?!  I don't know if we can be friends any more :(

bayonetbrant

seems to not matter how I tweak my team, or what I do to it, I'm just not going to be all that competitive at this
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on June 12, 2016, 10:55:25 PM
Well fought, Marty!  Sweated it out all day.

Yes it was back and forth all week. It is only fitting it ended in a tie.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

wow...  I knew there was a 4/week limit on transactions, but I've been wheeling and dealing so much that I've used 36 of my 40 transactions, and we're not into July yet.

Now, at least 2 of those were mistakes on my part (like accidentally dropping Lucroy at the start of the season) but I totally wasn't watching the long-term limit on transactions as I've been trying something new (and pretty much the same f'n' results) by grabbing different guys each week.  Maybe if I'd limited myself to just 1/week I'd still have some transactions left.

MetalDog

I will admit, if I knew there was I limit, I had certainly forgotten.  Damn :(

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 21, 2016, 07:06:25 AM
wow...  I knew there was a 4/week limit on transactions, but I've been wheeling and dealing so much that I've used 36 of my 40 transactions, and we're not into July yet.

Now, at least 2 of those were mistakes on my part (like accidentally dropping Lucroy at the start of the season) but I totally wasn't watching the long-term limit on transactions as I've been trying something new (and pretty much the same f'n' results) by grabbing different guys each week.  Maybe if I'd limited myself to just 1/week I'd still have some transactions left.

By now your lineup should be fairly well set so you might not need to make a lot more pick ups. I don't think picking up someone for a player on the DL counts as a transaction, it shouldn't if it does, and you can always trade up until August.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

Don't know which one of you is Big Papi, but, would you please quit kicking my ass?!?!?!!!!  I couldn't beat you last year, I can't beat you this year.  STOP IT!!

bayonetbrant

He's a local friend of mine here that we added 2 years ago to even out the league.  I think he brought his son along to kick our ass this season, too.

MetalDog

Good job by him then!  I was glad to lose 4-6 earlier this year.  0-8-2 is no bueno.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on June 21, 2016, 07:18:26 AM
I will admit, if I knew there was I limit, I had certainly forgotten.  Damn :(

I don't know if there's any way to selectively circumvent the limit, but I'm down to my last transaction for the season, but I also 'burned' 2 transactions earlier this year when I had accidentally dropped Lucroy, and you had to manually put him back for me.

Anything we can do for that?

thanks

MetalDog