2016 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball

Started by Bison, March 14, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

So, when I got on a plane to come home today, Hanley Ramirez was listed as D2D, so I played Brandon Belt.  Belt went 0/2.  Ramirez ended up playing and went 2/4 with 2 Runs, 2 HR's, and 6 RBI's. 

I HATE BASEBALL!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

That happened to me w/ Edwin Encarnacion and Carlos Beltran on separate occasions this year
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Thank you, Brant, for the ass whoopin'.  Hasn't been in doubt since Thursday.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

I actually came back today and beat Bison 7-3.  I think I started the day down 8-2.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Marty Ward

Lots of butt kicking last week. For a while I thought I would be shut out. I am glad I only lost 2-8.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

I need more weeks like last week.  Of course, I've also used up all my roster moves and have a pitcher on the DL.  I was swapping players like mad in the first 10 weeks of the season just trying to see what I could pull off to stay competitive.

OJsDad

Bison

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 15, 2016, 05:29:14 PM
I need more weeks like last week.  Of course, I've also used up all my roster moves and have a pitcher on the DL.  I was swapping players like mad in the first 10 weeks of the season just trying to see what I could pull off to stay competitive.

You'll be wishing you saved some of that production later on down the line ;)

Quote from: Bison on August 15, 2016, 05:40:48 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on August 15, 2016, 05:33:38 PM

Not true just ask A-Rod.

Howdy, Bison.  Nice to see you.

bayonetbrant

Can we just all take a moment and appreciate how much ass Trea Turner is kicking?

His last 2 weeks...

R- 17
HR- 2
RBI- 8
SB- 7
Avg- .422

According to Yahoo, he's the #2 ranked player in the league over the last 14 days, behind only - his fellow Shotgun Express outfielder, Kris Bryant.
(But lets also remember that everyone knew Bryant was going to knock the cover off the ball, but Turner started the season in AA, was a SS forced to play 2B in the minors, and is now patrolling CF for the Nats because he was doing too well on the basepaths to stay in the minors)

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 26, 2016, 11:21:42 AM
Can we just all take a moment and appreciate how much ass Trea Turner is kicking?

His last 2 weeks...

R- 17
HR- 2
RBI- 8
SB- 7
Avg- .422

According to Yahoo, he's the #2 ranked player in the league over the last 14 days, behind only - his fellow Shotgun Express outfielder, Kris Bryant.
(But lets also remember that everyone knew Bryant was going to knock the cover off the ball, but Turner started the season in AA, was a SS forced to play 2B in the minors, and is now patrolling CF for the Nats because he was doing too well on the basepaths to stay in the minors)

Yes I'm well aware of how good he is doing. He is part of the reason are kicking my ass this week :(.   

I'm just glad the O's aren"t playing the Nats any more. He was 8 for 8 at one point!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Sometime players just put up unbelievable numbers and other times unbelievable players product jack squat.  Yeah I'm looking at you Bryce Harper.

bayonetbrant

third place, bitches!

(yes, I'm celebrating third f'n' place.  seriously.  I probably won't finish the season here, but when was the last time I was even close to the top half of the league this late in the season?!?!