Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wburn

I hope they get some AI help if they are expanding their system to enable ground warfare. I barely am able to get air strikes together just to do some SEAD. When working with TFs, ground based air etc, in real life you have a staff to delegate tasks. Hopefully they will have some kind of options to delegate tasks to the computer. I.E, form up airstrike with SEAD, to strike target X, 2 minutes before alpha strike by sea based missiles.

DennisS

Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2019, 09:38:05 PM
Quote from: Con on September 03, 2019, 05:42:38 PM
I like the comment on the youtube video if Herman has arrived yet.... :D

One of the most lol things I've read on the internet today!  >:D

I was peripherally involved in the Harpoon-Herman Hun fiasco of 20+ years ago. This claim to fame is second only to being involved in Derek Smart's Battlecruiser debacle.

Herman wasn't anywhere NEAR the asshole Derek was/is....and no one ever saw proof, ever, that he has a Doctorate. Just sayin'.

Oh...Mad Games, and Norbsoft's stealing of the Take Command: 2nd Manassas IP, after the main developer died was also a disaster.

It seems as if I am something of a witness to history...the only one I missed was Stardock's alledged theft of the Starflight/Star Control IP. I say alledged because I don't want to be sued! Heh heh heh.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: al_infierno on September 28, 2019, 04:46:25 PM
Hmm.  I'm reading that answer as a really long version of "Well, the first game technically had ground units.  So will this one."  Disappointing.

Seems like a cash grab. Probably another $70 title.

Skoop

Quote from: Wburn on September 28, 2019, 07:54:59 PM
I hope they get some AI help if they are expanding their system to enable ground warfare. I barely am able to get air strikes together just to do some SEAD. When working with TFs, ground based air etc, in real life you have a staff to delegate tasks. Hopefully they will have some kind of options to delegate tasks to the computer. I.E, form up airstrike with SEAD, to strike target X, 2 minutes before alpha strike by sea based missiles.

That's actually what will be deal breaker or maker for me.  The game shines in large scenarios, but having to make detailed orders clicking through all these dialog boxes for 3 dozens flights can get tedious.  Kind of why I didn't play the first one nearly enough.  I do love that you get 3d representation via tacview, but is that only for Air ?  For the price that this will cost I'd expect them to do their own 3d models for all the units.  Not to mention relying on functionality from a third party could cause problems.  The 3d feature is optional, but it's one of the main deal make or break features for as I was hoping it would bring back that janes fleet command vibe.

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Dimitris

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Hang on a minute...so that picture-in-picture 3D situation window is dependent on a plugin which must be purchased separately?  And the most expensive version of it, no less?  Is that right?

Yskonyn

yes, its called Tacview and has been around for a while.
Warfaresims has been quite upfront and clear about it NOT being part of CMANO, but rather a function of the game that can be used if you happen to own Tacview, or -of course- want to buy it.
Tacview is not made by Warfaresims.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Pete Dero

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 08, 2019, 02:16:27 PM
Hang on a minute...so that picture-in-picture 3D situation window is dependent on a plugin which must be purchased separately?  And the most expensive version of it, no less?  Is that right?

Tacview is also very usefull in DCS so that could soften the blow (if you have a flight sim).  They also have a sale once or twice a year when you can get it at 50% off.  Next sale could be around the end of the year, the last one was early july.

https://www.tacview.net/

Tacview can read and record flight data from the most popular flight simulators: DCS World, Falcon 4.0, IL-2 Sturmovik, X-Plane, Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®, Microsoft Flight Simulator, VRS TacPack & Superbug, Enemy Engaged Comanche vs. Hokum, and many more to come! Your favorite flight simulator is not yet supported? Use our comprehensive technical documentation to create your own data exporter.

During the evaluation period of 21 days, you can test and enjoy as much as you want all the features available in all editions of Tacview. After this trial period as expired, these advanced features will be disabled. If you wish to continue to use them, you will have to buy a license.

mbar

This will need TacView Advanced, not Standard? Yikes!! That's wargaming for you.

Pete Dero

Quote from: mbar on October 13, 2019, 09:57:42 AM
This will need TacView Advanced, not Standard? Yikes!! That's wargaming for you.

Only Advanced includes the 'Real-Time Telemetry' you need (https://www.tacview.net/features/advanced/en/#real-time-telemetry).

Dimitris

Command: Modern Operations – The grunt's lot: Improvements to ground operations: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4982

Blucher

Quote from: DennisS on September 28, 2019, 08:24:12 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 03, 2019, 09:38:05 PM
Quote from: Con on September 03, 2019, 05:42:38 PM
I like the comment on the youtube video if Herman has arrived yet.... :D

One of the most lol things I've read on the internet today!  >:D

I was peripherally involved in the Harpoon-Herman Hun fiasco of 20+ years ago. This claim to fame is second only to being involved in Derek Smart's Battlecruiser debacle.

Herman wasn't anywhere NEAR the asshole Derek was/is....and no one ever saw proof, ever, that he has a Doctorate. Just sayin'.

Oh...Mad Games, and Norbsoft's stealing of the Take Command: 2nd Manassas IP, after the main developer died was also a disaster.

It seems as if I am something of a witness to history...the only one I missed was Stardock's alledged theft of the Starflight/Star Control IP. I say alledged because I don't want to be sued! Heh heh heh.

What is the Herman Hun fiasco? I have seen that guys youtube channel before. And I feel like I have seen him around on different forums.