Tripoli invades the South in Civil War II!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 11, 2019, 08:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Sir Slash

Go ahead Abraham Tripoli, lets see what you can do.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

W8taminute

Ooh this looks good. 

Anguille is that Derek Wildstar in your new avatar?  Or the lead character from G Force?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

Excellently written.  I might have to dust off my own copy of the game and give it another go.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

You've encouraged me to go back and work on my old Grand Campaign as the South. Both sides have real problems getting their leaders to activate but the South less so and their leadership numbers are generally superior to the North's so beware fighting big battles in '61 unless you have a big advantage in numbers or prime defensive ground to defend. What this game really needs is an OOB so you can tell what units will form when and where. I don't know how many times I've spent precious money and resources to build units somewhere only to have the game spawn forces at the same spot leaving somewhere else undefended.  :pullhair: Loving the AAR so far Trip.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 15, 2019, 07:42:30 PM
You've encouraged me to go back and work on my old Grand Campaign as the South. Both sides have real problems getting their leaders to activate but the South less so and their leadership numbers are generally superior to the North's so beware fighting big battles in '61 unless you have a big advantage in numbers or prime defensive ground to defend. What this game really needs is an OOB so you can tell what units will form when and where. I don't know how many times I've spent precious money and resources to build units somewhere only to have the game spawn forces at the same spot leaving somewhere else undefended.  :pullhair: Loving the AAR so far Trip.  O0

Thank you for your kind comments.  It is  probably not much of a spoiler alert when I tell you that I faced some leadership challenges during the Summer 1861 campaign season...... >:(  I'm still writing up that AAR.   I agree that it would be nice to know what the AI is building in addition to the forces I build.  However, that may be somewhat realistic, as the Union army was largely formed by the States.  So Lincoln asks for XXX number of volunteers from the Governor of Ohio, and the Governor will eventually provide him with that number (or more, especially in the early years), and might be of different types than the ones the US Army would have requested.  So it may not be entirely unrealistic for the troops to spawn where you don't want them, and of types you don't need. 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

airboy

This has been interesting to the point I put the game on my wishlist.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

airboy

Bought the game from Matrix.

Question - Didn't the North have an extensive campaign in Kentucky early in the War?

Tripoli

Quote from: airboy on November 29, 2019, 06:27:08 PM
Bought the game from Matrix.

Question - Didn't the North have an extensive campaign in Kentucky early in the War?

Yes, they did.  But Kentucky was neutral until September 4, 1861.  Lincoln didn't want to violate its neutrality, as he was trying to woo it into the Union.  His comment "I hope to have God on my side, But I must have Kentucky" illustrates the importance of the state to the Union.  Only when Confederate general Polk violated its borders to seize Columbus did Kentucky (with some machinations by the Union) flip to the Union side.   I'll probable cover some of this history in the next installment of the AAR.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln