Zweihander Grim & Perilous Expansion on KS

Started by Nefaro, August 07, 2018, 10:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

A big expansion book with much focus on Chaos and chaos-worshipping characters, among other things, for Zweihander is up on Kickstarter, and easily passed it's goal in the first day.

However, if it reaches a certain stretch goal then the massive original core book will be offered in a profession print job again.    :clap:  While my print-on-demand version suffices I have serious doubts as to whether that huge spine, only held together with a huge raft of book glue, will stand the test of time.  Needs me a proper higher quality sewn version!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/main-gauche-a-zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg-sup/description

Love the artwork.  Definitely reminiscent of 1st Edition WFRP.  O0  Even more importantly, there is already so much content in Zweihander, I don't think the new WFRP4 is really needed since there is far more economy of content in Zweihander.

\m/

Dammit Carl!

:bd:

Looks very, very good.

The warped Halfling in me who makes meat pies out of corpses (fresh ones, mind you!) chuckles in dark glee at this news.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

You realize I hate you for pointing stuff like this out.  For $20 you get the original RPG and the supplement in pdf. 

Boy I hate you.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on August 07, 2018, 07:35:16 PM

Boy I hate you.

My job, here, is done.  <:-)

Also - they mentioned offering all the previous print editions (including those mongo tarot-sized monster & spell cards) at close to cost after the KS finishes.  I suppose for backers..?  Or maybe everyone.   I've been ogling those "cheat sheet" tarot cards for awhile.  WANT.  I hate myself, now, too.

Yskonyn

Holy flaming witchballs!

I couldn't help myself here. Backed the supplement at the level where I obtain all digital books as well!  :coolsmiley:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

They just added the fancy gargantuan core Zweihander offset book in print (again) as a $65 add-on.  :bd:

Yskonyn

From what I gather from the comments lots of people were hoping for this. Excellent stuff!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

airboy

Quote from: Nefaro on August 10, 2018, 09:13:25 PM
They just added the fancy gargantuan core Zweihander offset book in print (again) as a $65 add-on.  :bd:

The pdf of this comes with a $20 pledge.  You can always print and bind a pdf at any office place.  I cannot get excited about an additional $65 for something I'm not currently playing.

Yskonyn

I am ploughing through the Core book. It's a totally different take on roleplayingfrom what I am used to (DnD mainly).
This is definately more hardcore and gritty. It reminds me a bit of Darkest Dungeon with all the permanent afflictions the characters can get.

Dammit Carl!

Welp.  Once payday hits, I'm backing this sucker for sure.

In hindsight, I'm starting to think that I've got as much WHFRP stuff as I do D&D related items.  Hunh.  Snuck up on me, there.

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 12, 2018, 02:19:15 AM
I am ploughing through the Core book. It's a totally different take on roleplayingfrom what I am used to (DnD mainly).
This is definately more hardcore and gritty. It reminds me a bit of Darkest Dungeon with all the permanent afflictions the characters can get.

It's basically an extension of ye olde 1st, and especially 2nd edition, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay with some slight name changes to keep the Games Workshop IP hounds at bay. 

Always loved it for the gritty darkness.  While most people think in terms of D&D-style, or not D&D, I'd say WFRP seems to play out most like a Call Of Cthulhu game in a 'grimdark' low fantasy renaissance setting.

The style definitely has a lot in common with CoC.

P.S. And, frankly, Zweihander gives FAR more bang for the buck compared to the official GW-licensed WFRP releases.  The core Zweihander book weighs in at just shy of 700 full-size pages packed with goodies.  It's an unspoken marketing rule for the original versions to split up all that content to sell more in the long run, often leaving me feeling as if the core book is incomplete.  :arr:

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Nefaro on August 13, 2018, 09:50:47 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on August 12, 2018, 02:19:15 AM
P.S. And, frankly, Zweihander gives FAR more bang for the buck compared to the official GW-licensed WFRP releases.  The core Zweihander book weighs in at just shy of 700 full-size pages packed with goodies.  It's an unspoken marketing rule for the original versions to split up all that content to sell more in the long run, often leaving me feeling as if the core book is incomplete.  :arr:

Word.  In my opinion, it's nice to see throwbacks to the days of yore when once could get one book and that be it (unless you wanted more that is).

Plus, if printed out, it can be used as a ballistic shield if needed.

Tpek

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Tpek on August 13, 2018, 12:50:52 PM
DriveThruRPG has the Core Book of Zweihander as their daily-deal sale:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210516/ZWEIHANDER-Grim-and-Perilous-RPG--Core-Book

The PDF version is $5.

whelp...  just failed my Save vs Willpower  (or my Save vs Wallet)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers