Main Menu

Starsector

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, May 10, 2016, 07:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

OK. You talked me into it.

Can't find it. Is it a Steam game? What is the current name? Starsector does not show up.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

It's not on steam. Direct from developer only. I don't think this game will ever be finished. We get like one update per year.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

I've owned it for so long, yet has been in such slow development that I usually forget about it.

Hope it goes feature-complete and gets most of it's balancing done at some point.  Always looked like huge enjoyment potential once it gets there.  8)

Jarhead0331

It already is a very playable game. I don't play it that often mostly because I suck at it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Silent Disapproval Robot

Same.  I do OK controlling just my own ship but as soon as I have to start worrying about a fleet, it ends in debris fields, corpsicles, and restarts.

steve58

Time to dust off the cobwebs of your Starsector install.  Looks like another large update has dropped.  Patch notes --> here.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

It better be large. Only took a year and a half.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

...and now another year and half since the last release...0.95a is finally here.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/category/releases/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

Tried to buy but the purchase system would not ever work.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Silent Disapproval Robot

Installed the patch.  It deleted all my bindings (not a huge deal as it'd been so long since I played it last that I don't remember any of the bindings anyway).  Went through the tutorials again.  Maybe I'll actually progress far enough to get into the campaign this time!

solops

Finally got it. Looks interesting!

Silent Disapproval Robot

A new patch is out to fix some issues that cropped up after the big update.

I've been having fun with it even though I'm terrible at it.  I cobbled together my first fleet and went around taking mercenary contracts.  It was going swimmingly until I got lost in hyperspace and ran out of fuel...

solops

Silent Disapproval Robot

Ugh.  I downloaded it a few days ago.  They reset all the keybindings.  Killed my interest.