2016 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball

Started by Bison, March 14, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

You'll be in second soon.  My team has played like crapola last few weeks.

Marty Ward

5-21 over the past three weeks is no way to make the playoffs. I'm dropping faster than a fat guy on a see-saw!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

Well Bison is going to take over 2nd place from me.  Joe Maddon decided to sit all his starters after the Cubs clinched, and one of my closers managed to lower his ERA to 27.00 tonight.  (Hey, when your ERA is "INF" for 4 days, take what you can get)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Well fought, Hot Lead & Dirty Talk!  I sweated it until the very end!

Congrats to Bison!  Look forward to duking it out in the championship!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Huh...I'm going to need to edit some stuff in the league setup.

Good luck to you too.  This was a very good league this year.  For the most part everyone stayed relatively active making personnel moves and monitoring lineups, which always makes for a fun season. 

MetalDog

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on September 18, 2016, 07:44:02 PM
What would you edit?

Your lineup of course.  There are some well deserving players on the available players lists that deserve a right to play in the big game on your team.   :crazy2:

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on September 18, 2016, 07:45:09 PM
What would you edit?

Your lineup of course.  There are some well deserving players on the available players lists that deserve a right to play in the big game on your team.   :crazy2:

Prolly a few Royals and Yanks ;)

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on September 18, 2016, 11:03:10 PM
Quote from: Bison on September 18, 2016, 07:45:09 PM
What would you edit?

Prolly a few Royals and Yanks ;)

That's it I'm loading up your team with the Royals starting rotation sans Kennedy. 

bayonetbrant

So the Brewers have shut down Junior Guerra for the rest of the season...  and I'm out of roster moves to replace him!  (ugh!)

I used too many back in May/June trying to get a decent roster together and I'm paying for it now.  Especially since I have no backup SS and stuck with Gregorious for the last few weeks.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

That wouldn't be a problem if the commish would open up an extra roster spot or two. ;)

bayonetbrant

nah - it's my own fault.  I got a little waiver-happy early in the season, and was honestly expecting to be so far out of it by now that it would be irrelevant.  I never expected to be this close to the end and fighting for first.  N.E.V.E.R.  And none of y'all did either.

Bison

I fully expected to have a position in the league standings just closer to the bottom.

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on September 23, 2016, 05:57:43 AM
That wouldn't be a problem if the commish would open up an extra roster spot or two. ;)

Yeah September call ups!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

Quote from: Marty Ward on September 23, 2016, 12:20:37 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on September 23, 2016, 05:57:43 AM

Yeah September call ups!

It'll never happen, Marty.  Our esteemed commish has tied one hand behind all our backs with move caps and short benches.  It's his league though, so, we play by his rules.  I'll say this about that, we have pretty good participation, but, unlimited moves and deeper benches benefit those who participate daily and I'm not sure how that would shake out with the rest of our league mates.  It's pretty easy to mill pitchers and position players to cover shortfalls and maybe not everyone enjoys playing that way.  Besides, it's kind of tradition now for me to tweak the commish's nose about his tightfisted and restrictive ways.  I suspect the rules suit his play style best.  It's the only way I can figure that he keeps coming in first.