Enemy Coast Ahead (dambusters raid)

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, March 08, 2015, 02:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Yeah I want to re-roll to try and not get lost...

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK, roll 2D6.  7 or better to return.

Barthheart

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Barthheart

Silent Disapproval Robot

Time for some revisionist history!  (shamefacedly scurries back to edit...)

bob48

This has been totally awesome! Well done guys  O0
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bob48 on March 23, 2015, 01:42:16 PM
This has been totally awesome! Well done guys  O0

+1

I was on the fence about getting this game, but after this it's on my eventual to-buy list!

undercovergeek

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just need to see if Stagger's plane made it back and then I can post the official mission results.

Again, sorry for all the rules screw ups on my end.  I had a lot of fun running it.  BTW you're all a bunch of filthy enablers!  I'm already an admitted Lancaster junkie.  As a result of running this session and watching Dam Busters again (I needed screen caps), I ended up buying the board game Bomber Command, 4 more books on Bomber Command, a 3-DVD set on the Dam Busters, and 2 T-shirts with Lancaster decals.

I need help....

Staggerwing

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

One more Lancaster touches down on England's soil. Still, it will be a somber celebration down at the pub tonight.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Silent Disapproval Robot

Four of nine bombers return from the raid.  The Mohne and Eder dams are breached.  The Sorpe was not attacked by the Main Force.

QuoteBarrage balloons will soon float over the remaining dams in the Ruhr, and Germany's Ministry of Armaments and Munitions will devote material and personnel to the repairing of the dams.  Recovery will take weeks, if not months.  Meanwhile, the British press is informed and headlines declare victory.  A Victoria Cross will be awarded, as well as many other decorations.  Vindicated, Barnes Wallis will continue work on other unique types of ordnance.  The war goes on...

Congratulations, you matched the historical mission outcome which is rated as a brilliant success. 

I hope you guys enjoyed it.  I did.  I played the same scenario on my own twice and it was interesting to see just how differently the mission can play out.  My waves failed a lot of nav checks on my first run through and the waves got spread out between zones and just ripped apart by hazards.  On my second, the bombers made it to their targets OK but I had bad luck on the bombing runs and missed with most.  I was lucky in that I only lost 2 bombers but I only managed to take out one dam and damage another.

undercovergeek

Staggerwing

Yes, thank you for letting us participate. It was a lot of fun.  :)