Pax Porfiriana

Started by binkman, September 25, 2016, 09:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

binkman

Bought some cards, nothing too exciting. Rex up.

rstites25

I bought a couple of cards. Woodall is up.

Also Woodall, you may have missed it but we're playing with open hands since who has what cards is trackable. It's just easier for everyone to keep their cards shown so people don't have to track it.

Woodall

Thanks for the heads up, Rex. I'll get my turn in tonight.

Woodall

My tonight extends into the next night, it turns out.

Woodall

Also, my character seems really shitty. 3 extra gold once vs half price the whole game? What's the catch?

rstites25

Your character would've been better had Mike not cut everyone's gold by 1/2 (rounding down) at the start of the game. So basically, you only got 1 of your 3 gold. Often, the 1/2 off is better than it looks. It only applies to one type of card, so it's only helpful if you need that type of card. To really take advantage of it, you have to commit to a strategy to exploit that type of card. So the benefit lasts throughout the game, but it potentially limits your freedom of action.

binkman

Just a play order reminder:

1.) Mike (red)
2.) l'amour (blue)
3.) Me (yellow)
4.) Rex (green)
5.) James (black)

l'amour is up.

Woodall

I think Mike is up. (I'm just reading your nice list there)

egg_salad

Mike is going to a gaming con.  Packing like mad tonight.  Travelling tomorrow..  Drinking and gaming after that.

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

Woodall

egg_salad

Quote from: jwoodall04 on October 11, 2016, 10:08:05 PM
Where at?

Dallas.

Ok, looks like I may have some time to do my turn tonight, packing is going well.

Are we putting played cards on the main table?  Has nobody played a card to the table yet? 

Woodall

I believe we're playing cards to the table. No one that I've seen has played one yet. I used to live in Fort Worth, nice place!

egg_salad

Ok, I bought a card and sold a card, then speculated.

Blue / l'amour is up.

binkman

Like I said, l'amour is up.  :P