We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_

Started by JasonPratt, May 10, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I think this may catch us up on all the classic eps? -- sort of the obverse of the Big Bang Theory.  <:-)

Since there wasn't a super-easy (for reasons), I added three extras in the comments:

"So, Diana rescues Steve in this meet-cute scene when his plane gets shot down over Themyscara." "Product placement!" "What?" "What?" "I don't--" "I was thinking we could have everyone slightly mispronounce the island's name, to sound like Femme Mascara." "Okay!" "Because this movie being set in World War One doesn't have much opportunity for that." "Good idea!" "You were saying?" "She rescues him after he's shot down in the water and then there's our first big fight sequence." "With Amazons vs fighter planes?" "What?" "Well, you said he got shot down, so--" "No, that's, I don't know how they could fight against fighter planes." "With bows and arrows I guess." "What?" "We already made the end-credit abstract title sequence like all such movies have nowadays." "And?" "And the Amazons are shooting down fighters with bows and arrows." "Well, that's an idea, but I wanted more of a fight on the beach." "The fighter planes land?" "No, no, there are German marines." "From where?" "The destroyer that's chasing Steve." "Chasing a plane?" "Sure." "Could ships do that back then?" "Sure." "How do they get through the force field? Or Steve for that matter?" "The what now?" "You said earlier Zeus created the island for his Amazons and gave them a force field." "I did?" "To protect the island {riffling pages} I think, back here somewhere." "Oh, there's no force-field, people can stick their heads straight through the illusion." "That's really convenient!" "Yeah, and see, that way the destroyer can sail in and land some marines to fight the Amazons." "And they have swords and bows, and the Germans have guns!" "Right!" "Women with swords and bows are tight!" "No kidding! Great for the trailer, too!" "And then after the fight, how do they beat the destroyer?" "The what now?" "The destroyer which brought the marines. It would be shelling them on the shore after they beat the marines. That would provide a threat they'd have a hard time fighting against, ramping up the tension to a big crazy climax." "No, it's super-easy, barely an inconvenience." "Bold choice!" "See, we'd have the marines kill the Princess Bride." "Good idea!" " Right, that's, like, an homage." "And then they get super torqued when the shells start falling afterward?" "No, no, then they take Steve up to the temple and tie him up." "The Nazis? You said they were dead." "No, the Amazons." "Oh." "An island full of hot women tying him up." "Oh, right, yeah!" "And making him tell the truth." "Hot!" "And then he takes a bath." "Tight!" "And that's where we'll have the awkward penis joke!" "Excellent!" "While he's shirtless." "For the ladies!" "Among other people, sure." "And then?" "Just some plot exposition, don't want to get too racy after the penis joke." "Eh, maybe a good idea." "And that's how we solve that problem." "What problem?" "Exactly!"

"So, since they're in a hurry to get to England, they're gonna fly in her invisible jet to get there?" "No, what? No, that would be silly." "Oh." "No, they're going to sail to England." "Oh." "On a sailboat." "Oh." "An OLD sailboat." "Oh. Wait, did you say sail all the way to England from Themyscyra?" "Sure." "But that's, like, off the coast of Greece somewhere?" "I guess." "Why not sail to some other Allied country?" "Which one?" "I don't know, my memory of WW1 is hazy." "The United States?" "Yeah, no wait, that's on the other side of the Atlantic." "I don't really see the problem here." "It's just, they're in a hurry..." "Uh huh." "And telephones exist in this world, right?" "They do! ...{scribbling on some pages}" "But they're going to sail, to England, from Greece, in a hurry." "Well, I wanted there to be this scene of sexual tension and some lesbianism acknowledged." "Oh!" "Y'know, for the fans." "Right!" "And the kids." "Right! Lesbianism is tight!" "Yeah." "It's just, I mean, they're going to be on that boat a long time." "Nope, just one night, gotta move the plot along." "Really!" "Yeah." "Is she rowing to England overnight or something with her super-strength?" "What? No, that would be silly." "Well, it seems like it'll be crazy difficult for them to get to England all the way across the Mediterranean and up the Spanish coast and some of the French coast in one night." "No, it's super easy, barely an inconvenience." "...I, I'm not... I don't..." "They get a _tow_." "Oh." "Into London." "Oh." "After they fall asleep." "Oh." "See? Problem solved! ....{scribbling}" "...they're towed from Greek waters to England..." "No, what? No, that would be silly." "But." "Did I mention the lesbianism?" "You did!" "Moving along then."

"So the plane explodes." "Yep!" "Exploding planes are tight!" "They are!" "From all the bombs?" "Yeah! What?" "In the plane. It's a bomber right? Like in Captain America?" "Sure!" "So the bombs explode." "Ah, no, I only have poison gas in the plane." "Oh, so the gas is flammable enough to explode." "Sure, why not?" "That seems like it would be really awesome." "It will be!" "Poison gas that explodes when you light it afterward!" "Tight, huh?!" "Yeah, so we show that sometime as a test, right?" "You bet! The town Diana saves gets gassed and everyone she saved dies!" "Wow, super-dark!" "I know, and it serves the purpose of making her angry at Steve so she'll leave him behind for a while to go fight not-Ares." "So she's there after the explosion." "The what?" "Well, that's the plan, right? The Nazis shoot this super-poison gas into the city to test it, and then they detonate it with a regular shell afterward for massive extra damage. Big explosion scene." "Uh." "I know, uh, right?" "Yeah." "Still all those charred bodies will be awfully dark, so don't show them much." "Well, I wasn't planning to." "Good." "I, uh, I just wanted Diana to wander around the town and see some people's bodies we can recognize, so the audience is super-sure this is the same town she saved earlier." "But you can't because of the charred corpses." "I know, uh, so, I was, um, thinking that she'd be just there in the poison cloud, walking around." "Oh." "So we can see the distinctive dress of various people she met." "Yeah, okay, but..." "What?" "I mean, it seems like she'd have some trouble surviving the poison gas and then the Nazis detonating all of it on top of her." "Oh, she can do that super easy, barely an inconvenience." "Wow, really, she's that indestructable, like Superman?" "I don't know." "Then how does she survive the explosion?" "What explosion?" "And the super-deadly poison?" "Magic." "What?" "She's magic, right? It's magic." "Ah!" "See?" "Magic is tight!"

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Wow, now they're catching up on their own backlog!

I added the following in a comment.

Quote"Also, so my wife made me go to church for the first time ever, and did you know there's this book called the Bible with lots of great short stories in it?" "What? That's... I don't think..." "So she showed me several of them, and I decided to put them in the script!" "Really! You're going to build your script on... on what now?" "Well there's a parable about a prodigal son..." "Oh, yeah, one of the most famous pieces of literature in world history!" "And another parable about a good samaritan...." "Again, an absolute classic! Even people who have never cracked open a Bible know about these, good choices!" "Yeah, I thought they sounded familiar, and then I added a third story about a selfish douchey guy who thinks about how awesome he is that he has so many things to himself, but then he gets a massive wakeup call when he learns he's going to die and suddenly being a jerkhog with a bunch of toys doesn't seem so important anymore!" "...I don't recall that one, but it sounds legit. So, but wait, a lot of people may kind of resent going to Sunday School for the first film in what we hope will be a never-ending money printing operation, I mean critically acclaimed shared universe based on beloved fantasy-sci/fi properties," {looks straight at the camera}, "so aren't you going kind of too far with this plan?" "Yeah, but I figure if I drop in some REALLY REALLY OBVIOUS allusions to the stories, like shove them into the audience's faces, they'll be, like, TOO obvious, and then no one will complain. In fact, I have a theory that few people will even notice!" "So for example...?" "For example, when Tony Stark is about to start his Good Samaritan part of the story, he'll look at the audience and announce the name of his new missile system is THE JERICHO!" "Ow, wow, that does sound super obvious." "And we'll destroy a mountain range behind him for emphasis!" "Ha!" "Aha ha!" "And he picked this random name for what reason?" "Exactly!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

"Who the hell are the Guardians of the Galaxy?" "Well, they're Marvel characters that... that... that we own!" "They are? Wow that doesn't even ring a bell!"

JasonPratt

Yep, they've already done Guardians2, too!

"Death is great. Hail Satan!" "What?"

JasonPratt

BvS and Justice League (I think) are already upthread. They're catching up on Man of Steel now:

"So, you've got a Superman script for me?" "Yes sir, I do!" "Wow, that sounds like fun!" "No."

Tpek

I've been watching these sketches on their ScreenRant channel, all pretty damn hilarious.

Most of the youtube channel is nothing but crappy click-baits and click-bait lists ("Top 10 blah blah blahs") stolen from other channels,
and in the middle of all the crap, they have these amazingly funny videos.

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

So, having pitched the franchise, they pitch Tom Cruise as an actor now:

There's a couple of weird segues in this one. I mean weirder than usual.

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

"So, it's a see-ree?" {bloop} "What's that?" "Oh, Apple is letting me test-run some of their new software. No thank you, Siri." {bleep}

Tpek

If you like his Pitch-Meetings, the guy who does it, Ryan George, also has his own YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RyGeor

He uploaded some other PM-like content there, a "90's TV Show with a Time-Traveling reporter".

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

JasonPratt