Groghead Game Donation Thread

Started by republic, September 05, 2013, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Quote from: Tuna on September 06, 2013, 01:33:33 PM
Can you actually share stuff from GamersGAte? Don't you need to log in with 'the id' to install?

If you don't access/view the serial number, you can gift a game to another GG user.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 06, 2013, 01:31:09 PM
I might could be talked into Making History II, since it's a Mac edition :)

Bayonetbrant -- its all yours.  Can you PM me your GG user name/acct?  Thx....

p.s.  I didn't set out to acquire Mac versions.  Seems some GG games just come with multiple versions.  I also have a French version of MHII if there are any French Grogs here (does that make them Frog Grogs?).  Oddly enough when I bought Making History I Gold, it came with a German version :o (its also available if anyone wants it)...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

But if you used like your Windows based Key for Making History, then there is no longer a 'gift' this button on the MAC version.. just a 'view' the key..

steve58

Quote from: Tuna on September 06, 2013, 02:05:46 PM
But if you used like your Windows based Key for Making History, then there is no longer a 'gift' this button on the MAC version.. just a 'view' the key..

Tuna -- actually the Gift button is there for the Mac version, but after doing a bit more digging, you may still be right.  I thought the Mac versions had separate serial codes since in my GG Library it shows (Unused serial keys) next to the Mac version of Making History II.  However, when I dug further, it tells me to use the PC serial number for the Mac version.  Somewhat confusing/misleading.  I never really checked further since I don't have a Mac.  Sorry Bayonetbrant, I think I screwed up...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

CptHowdy

Staggerwing

Brant, PM me your Gamersgate ID. I may still have a Making History II key. I'll try and gift it. May work, may not. What's to lose, eh?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

BTW, looks like I may have an extra copy of Birth of America 2 I can gift. PM me if anyone wants it. Gone.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

steve58

Updated my list with a couple more games I found....

Ashcloud

Ok, here are a few Steam games to go:

Men of War
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY Edition
Men of War: Red Tide
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943 ( + Battle for Caen DLC)
Dungeonland
The Showdown Effect
Restaurant Empire 2

Pm me.

Staggerwing

Hey Ash- I'm still waiting for you to accept my Gamersgate buddy request so I can gift the last games to you.

Ashcloud

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 07, 2013, 12:03:20 PM
Hey Ash- I'm still waiting for you to accept my Gamersgate buddy request so I can gift the last games to you.

I thought they would send me an email notification, dang - done. Thanks again Staggerwing, you made my weekend a great one.

republic

I've updated my list showing where the keys are from.  We should probably do that so Steam doesn't freak out.   (Amazon UK/US, etc.)  Mine were all from Bundle Stars which I assume is region agnostic like the Humble Bundles.

Boggit

I have a spare key for Makiing History II. I got sent it when the game first came out. AFAIK it's not been used.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'd be interested in it if you don't mind, Boggit.

panzerde

I have a spare copy of Starpoint Gemini on Steam if anyone would like it.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres