2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 01, 2018, 11:55:45 AM
I have no interest in the Super Bowl this Sunday, tbh. I kind of like the Eagles as I know a few people that love them, but I despise the Pats. On top of that the commercials have declined in hilarity a lot in the last several years.

Besides, the Pats will just pound the Eagles, so who cares.

That's the spirit!  ;D
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

If I hear the Eagles are making a game out of it, I might watch. But if it's anything like that last minute BS from last year, no thanks.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 01, 2018, 12:43:40 PM
If I hear the Eagles are making a game out of it, I might watch. But if it's anything like that last minute BS from last year, no thanks.

The Pats spotted the Falcons a 25 point lead. What more do you want from them?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on February 01, 2018, 12:45:59 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 01, 2018, 12:43:40 PM

The Pats spotted the Falcons a 25 point lead. What more do you want from them?

To have lost that game by over 50 points.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

^ +1

However the Pats lose, to lose in the most humiliating manner possible. :)

mirth

BanzaiCat

I'd watch a Super Bowl where the Eagles win 73-0 and keep trying to run up the score as the clock runs out.

To be honest, regardless of outcome, I'd rather watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

OJsDad

You asked what we wanted from them. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

My kids have already informed me we're watching the Puppy Bowl.  Though, to be honest, it may be more fun to watch than the actual game itself.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on February 01, 2018, 01:01:22 PM
You asked what we wanted from them. 

It was a rhetorical question. No "Waaaaaaaaaah" required.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 01, 2018, 12:58:00 PM

That was the '86 Super Bowl after the '85 season...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 01, 2018, 01:21:22 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 01, 2018, 12:58:00 PM

That was the '86 Super Bowl after the '85 season...

Ha! It sure was.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Sir Slash

I just watch in case a boobie gets loose again. Could happen. Good thing the last one was too old to run away.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.