Main Menu

Thunder Friday

Started by Tripoli, June 17, 2022, 10:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Gorgeous cat Al.

We have 3 rescues....one came from Spain of all places. Looks a bit like Ripley...perhaps she has some Spanish roots :)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Pete Dero

Quote from: al_infierno on June 18, 2022, 12:27:44 AM
I just recently adopted a 1-year-old cat named Ripley.  However, she seems to have turned into a liquid.

As long as she doesn't turn into an Xenomorph you're safe.

For gaming : Old World, DCS World, Distant World 2 or any other game with World in the name.

Gusington

Looks like Ripley is striking the Playboy feline centerfold pose.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Cute cat. We rescued a puppy recently and he also has the ability to turn into liquid.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

devoncop

Well done JH.

Gotta go "Rescue" 👍

Stunning dog . Very photogenic !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

Very handsome little pup!   :peace:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 18, 2022, 08:55:07 AM
Adorable dog stuff

Mrs. wanted to foster dogs as a "bucket list," sort of thing.  So far, we've only let *one go to another family like fosters should as I'm the stupid, fat, softy who just can't let that happen (have had 5 up to this point - most of the kept ones were seniors who we spoiled until they passed).

Love dogs, but am a horrible foster parent.

*-Seriously, that dog was an asshole.

Gusington

I'll take an asshole dog over an asshole human any day.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2022, 03:18:46 PM

Fucker was fully on the "bite that guy when he isn't looking," route and that was not going to change, but I dig what you are saying.

Gusington

^Hahaha ok that's a problem

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2022, 03:42:46 PM
^Hahaha ok that's a problem

Yeah, and I hate it.  I get along with animals and children as a rule, and to have a dog take a large dislike for me was off-putting.

Can count on one hand-ish the number of dogs that wanted a piece of me and that guy was one of them.

On the plus side, he was adopted by a couple and had a good life up until one of those brain eating water-born parasites claimed him around two years after he was adopted.

-okay, the last bit there wasn't  a "plus side," thing in hindsight.

Gusington

Uhh...yeesh.

Are you sure it was not 'playful nips?'

After our Rottie died we got a Swiss Mountain Dog - little bigger than a Rottie but smaller than a St. Bernard. He's a giant dufus at about 125 pounds and totally spoiled and I have a love/hate relationship with him. He's 7.

He gives 'playful nips' that we learned from breeders are just really how he shows love. Never breaks the skins, literally just a nip letting you know he's there and he loves you.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2022, 04:22:35 PM
Uhh...yeesh.

Are you sure it was not 'playful nips?'

After our Rottie died we got a Swiss Mountain Dog - little bigger than a Rottie but smaller than a St. Bernard. He's a giant dufus at about 125 pounds and totally spoiled and I have a love/hate relationship with him. He's 7.

He gives 'playful nips' that we learned from breeders are just really how he shows love. Never breaks the skins, literally just a nip letting you know he's there and he loves you.

Good points.  Coming off a deployment, my +\- for stuff was off but damned if that dude didn't want a piece of me.  Playful nips I got/get but lunging bites from my rear...well...

Put it down to wrong place at wrong time for all involved, but I'm certain dude would have bitten me if I hadn't been similarly aggressive in return, but I'm not proud of that.

Latest male adpotee has an aggressive biting play bit that I'm fine with as he shows his boundaries and I respect that and we both go to our corners just fine.  Guy will seek me out to play with/be around and we're cool.   

Pete Dero

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on June 18, 2022, 03:31:58 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 18, 2022, 03:18:46 PM

Fucker was fully on the "bite that guy when he isn't looking," route and that was not going to change, but I dig what you are saying.

That's what you get when you call your dog Fucker 8).

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on June 17, 2022, 04:34:27 PM
^Is it Father's Day for you every day?

It's taken me two days, but I've finally worked out what you mean ;D