Main Menu

Thunder Friday

Started by Tripoli, June 17, 2022, 10:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Adorable cat and adorable dog there guys.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Better late than never, Ted.

Believe me Carl I have almost killed our dog probably every day...I just bite back the anger and storm away, cursing...like I do with the rest of the family.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on June 19, 2022, 02:24:43 PM
Believe me Carl I have almost killed our dog probably every day...I just bite back the anger and storm away, cursing...like I do with the rest of the family.

;D

Only had one dog growing up, and it scared the shit out of me as it would jump up on me. Collie (I think) was as tall as I was when it was on it's rear two legs and front paws on my shoulders and it was intimidating to say the least.

In hindsight, it was being affectionate in it's own way and was not trained to not do that by adults and that is on them.  I hope it had a good life wherever it wound up as my folks had a nasty divorce and things got complicated afterwards.

Mrs. practically pushed dogs on me when newly married (i.e. "Oh, and here's a dog from a friend. She's ours now.") but I'm certainly better for it today. 

Gusington

^We may be married to the same woman. I didn't have any dogs growing up in NYC and my parents also divorced. But The Wife grew up in the semi-rural area we're in now with Rottweilers (lots of space here for them to run and walk and play).

So when we married and got a house here I was all about getting a Rottie, my first true dog.

No one from The Wife's family warned me that Rotties are not good first dogs because they are so stubborn and smart.

Live and learn. I do miss the Rottie every day because he was an awesome guard dog. Our new one is just a watch dog...he'll let you know something bad is lurking in the bush but he will then leave and let you deal with it :)

The Rottie...deals with it :):)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Uncle had a Rottweiler and she was the sweetest thing.  Never really appreciated just how a good dog she was - owe that to my dog aversion at the time.

Love how they are "goofy/lovable," to "murder machine," in no time.  So American in a way, eh?

Gusington

^And er...Teutonic.

Our Rottie came home when The Wife was pregnant with our first daughter and had his mission down pat from day one: kill anyone who came close to The Wife, and then the girls.

I was expendable.

Still am.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Lovely pets!  :smitten:

I've always wanted a dog as a kid but we used to live in a flat in the city so it was difficult. And my wife doesn't want any pets in da house.... :-\

Love Springsteen...great song.

Didn't get the chance to play anything this weekend as it was so full with activities...

jamus34

Our first dog was a rescue that they flat out lied to is what he was. The 40-50 lb max lab mix was in reality a pit mix and at about 10 months old was tipping the scales at 85-90lbs of pure muscle.

He was a great dog but just a puppy and my wife was pregnant at the time and couldn't physically control him so we made the hard decision to re-home him. I do not think I've cried more or harder before or after that day.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

^I hear you.  It's amazing how attached we can become to our pets.  I cried like a baby when we had to put down our first cat.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

+100

In my career I attended nummerous fatal accidents, the occasional murder, even a cot death.

Not one brought me to tears,  however tragic each one was but I was "no use to man nor beast" each time one of our beloved pets has had to be put down.

We still have three rescue cats...aged 6, 10 and 13....soon I will no doubt have to go through it all again. I will be an emotional wreck for each one.

I am just odd.  :)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^No, you're normal. I had to put down our first dog...that was horrible but planned. A neighbor cat also got killed by a car about 10 years ago and I had to carry it to our neighbor in front of 3-4 little kids...that was also horror. It's worse I think if it comes out of nowhere, like a speeding car.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 20, 2022, 12:24:56 PM
^No, you're normal. I had to put down our first dog...that was horrible but planned. A neighbor cat also got killed by a car about 10 years ago and I had to carry it to our neighbor in front of 3-4 little kids...that was also horror. It's worse I think if it comes out of nowhere, like a speeding car.

If Gus thinks I am " normal" this is gratifying but  also mildly concerning   ;)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I still feel the loss of each and everyone of my Pugs from over the years. It'll be 10 years next month I lost the last one. God bless them all.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Damn Slash...can't we end this on a happy note?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd