Main Menu

Thunder Friday

Started by Tripoli, June 17, 2022, 10:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

The reason why they call him "the Boss".  For me?  CMO and BoC work.  FoG and FoG Medieval tournaments. Writing up the "Sink the Bismark" scenario in Kriegsmarine. Possibly some Kerbal....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

I apologize but I don't remember this one.  But wow, great song.  Springsteen is "The Boss".   :)

I'm this close to finishing Brigandine: Legend of Runersia on PS4. 

Two more areas of infestation to clear out before the final boss monster battle. 
Then it's on to some more Old World, Terra Invicta demo, and whatever else tickles my fancy.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Amazingly good song choice Tripoli.

One of my two favourite Springsteen tracks. Sublime writing.

Watched him live in one of his marathon performances in Leeds in 1984 on the Born in the USA tour. A preformance that will stay with me to my dying day.

More ATOM RPG and Old World this weekend to avoid sunstroke in the heatwave ....thats my excuse to the wife anyway ;)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Geezer

No gaming.  Watching US Open golf.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Starship Troopers, DCS (of course), Ready or Not and maybe a few more surprises...who knows?

Happy Father's Day to all... :peace:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Happy Father's Day to all you Grogs everywhere. I'm more of a, 'Mother' myself. Up to Turn 8 of WitE's Grand Campaign so I'll try to get in a little time there. The Italians have just shown-up. Now it's a  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

Shadow Empire, TW Warhammer III
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Happy Father's Day! Will be completing my first Old World campaign, soon to start another as Persia. May jump back into Assassin's Creed Odyssey and finally fire up Imperiums: Greek Wars again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Happy Father's Day to you Dads.  :)

Distant Worlds 2 got a massive beta update today. 1.0.5! - new update to the engine. Steam only, sorry.  :hide:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10151&t=385109

I have some FOG II Medieval (or FOG II?) Thinking on something with Byzantines I dunno.

But I'll let you know how the new beta is.  Terra Invicta I think might have added the space combat skirmish mode (saw it on Nookrium's You Tube) but I will confirm.

Yes: The demo does include skirmish mode.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Father Ted

Dang, I thought it was going to be "Thunderstruck".  Gaming-wise I think it'll just be down to Flying Circus

Gusington

^Is it Father's Day for you every day?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

nelmsm

Wife is documenting for her job all weekend so after mowing the yard and picking up the groceries it's going to be answering PBEM's, and playtesting Flashpoint Campaign Southern Storm and an upcoming Panzer Campaign title for WDS.  If I take a break from playtesting it will probably be Old World.

Dammit Carl!

Blasted after melting all week long in the outside, I'm honestly in a stupor in terms of what to play and such.  Yeah, World of Warships/World of Tanks is going to happen a few times - nothing else gives me the quick pickup games that they allow - but otherwise...? 

Stay cool, my friends, and stay hydrated.

-gettin' too old for this shit

Destraex

Star Citizen - Just transported a mate with his box because his long expired rental from the show dissappeared on the pad when he re-appeared with his box lol
Steel Division 2 ($12 on sale atm) - only one more DLC on this game to go now.
Chivalry 2 - Just got this and love that you can hold blocks unlike in mordhau
Maybe some war thunder as friends seem keen to play that

Started reading Chickenhawk and so did a little DCS Huey flying earlier in the week. Perhaps I will become inspired again who knows.

I want Squad on steam sale but it does not seem to be on sale.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

al_infierno

I just recently adopted a 1-year-old cat named Ripley.  However, she seems to have turned into a liquid.   :-\  I suppose hot weather will do that to you.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao