The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Pretty decent Microsoft bundle at amazon...$9. If you still have your holiday credit, you can save another $5 and get this all for $5.  I already own the two big ones of Toy Soldiers and Mark of the Ninja, otherwise I would have jumped on it for this price.  I believe you get steam keys.

- Toy Soldiers
- Mark of the Ninja
- Deadlight
- Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
- Iron Brigade

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-5-Game-Arcade-Pack-Download/dp/B00B1ULJI0/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1475944962&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1MJW6WHEFQG9KDBX6MDE

LongBlade

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 26, 2013, 07:55:45 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203140/

Hitman absolution only $17...... Might be time for me to pull the trigger

Yeah, had my eye on this, but the feedback I'd seen wasn't encouraging. For $17 it might be worth a shot. Thanks!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: LongBlade on January 27, 2013, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 26, 2013, 07:55:45 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203140/

Hitman absolution only $17...... Might be time for me to pull the trigger

Yeah, had my eye on this, but the feedback I'd seen wasn't encouraging. For $17 it might be worth a shot. Thanks!

I am still debating myself...amazon also has for the same price, both are steam codes.

Tpek

Anyone noticed that Steam forgot to update their daily deal from Saturday to Sunday? :P (It's still Hitman)

Bison

It's been like that all weekend.  I think they update at like 2pm PST.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 27, 2013, 12:32:29 PM
Pretty decent Microsoft bundle at amazon...$9. If you still have your holiday credit, you can save another $5 and get this all for $5.  I already own the two big ones of Toy Soldiers and Mark of the Ninja, otherwise I would have jumped on it for this price.  I believe you get steam keys.

- Toy Soldiers
- Mark of the Ninja
- Deadlight
- Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
- Iron Brigade

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-5-Game-Arcade-Pack-Download/dp/B00B1ULJI0/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1475944962&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1MJW6WHEFQG9KDBX6MDE

You, sir, are an evil evil man.  I had been dwelling on Mark of the Ninja for awhile now.  Not sure if I'll jump just yet, though, despite this crazy deal.  I'll probably buckle like a belt, per usual.

Martok

It looks like I'm late in noticing this, but GOG is currently selling Conquest: Frontier Wars for $5.99 (U.S.).  I always seem to hear good things about this one; maybe it's time I actually grabbed it. 

Link

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Martok on January 28, 2013, 11:48:15 AM
It looks like I'm late in noticing this, but GOG is currently selling Conquest: Frontier Wars for $5.99 (U.S.).  I always seem to hear good things about this one; maybe it's time I actually grabbed it. 

Link

I'm not sure how it would hold up today, but I have extremely fond memories of Conquest: Frontier Wars.  Three very different factions, dripping with atmosphere, excellent voice acting.  Campaign and sandbox mode.  Supply mechanic.  Carriers.  Insta-kill ion cannons.  Dreadnaughts.  C:FW has it all!  I played it for hours and hours when it first came out - in fact I still have the box somewhere.

Martok

Well you're certainly not making it any easier to resist...  :P 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Huw the Poo

If you're even considering it, for six of those funny "dollar" things I think you should pick it up.  The gameplay will be immediately familiar and it's an amazingly absorbing game.  I'll never forget the thrill of being pounded by those pesky insect things, then hearing my salvation..."Dreadnaught, ready to go!"  Yeah!  Get my best admiral on board, get it the hell in there and really mess up someone's day! \o/

The dreadnaught's special ability is the Aegis shield - invulnerability, as long as it's kept supplied. 8)

Shelldrake

Quote from: Martok on January 28, 2013, 11:48:15 AM

Link

Came across this modded version of CFW that might be of interest.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/conquest-2-frontier-wars-forever
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Martok

Thanks Shelldrake!  If I end up getting CFW (which is looking likely, dammit!), I'll check it out. 

Grim.Reaper

No sure if any fable fans but bundle for 3 and lost chapters only $9($5 if you have ec credit)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B86BPW2?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Anybody have thoughts on fable and whether worth it?

Greybriar

Amazon is offering Paradox War Chest for $7.49 U.S. It includes:
There are some downsides. 1)The games activate on Steam, so if you don't like Steam you are out of luck. 2)Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 may not work on Windows 7. 3)Paradox shut down the online servers for Gettysburg: Armored Warfare so there are no online games available.

Otherwise I don't see how anyone could possibly go wrong for $7.49!

Edit: Fixed link
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Rayfer

Anymore, these kinds of sales are so frequent and cheap (and not just on Amazon) that it isn't about the cost, it's about the fact there just isn't enough time to ever get to fully play them.  Now if only they could sell us a 30 hour day!