[running] Armada 2526 SuperNova Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 22, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry...

Weird how it worked before with the same gmail account, but will not work now. I presume gmail changed some of its security settings since we last played in the dark ages?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Sorry about the crooked link. I get my reports in dutch language so its a hassle to convert that to its english counterpart. But you should look for 'less trusted apps' . Google it in relation to Gmail Inbox.
I am sure you should be able to find what I mean.

If this still doesnt work after that I have no further suggestions for getting this to work; especially since some of you DO seem to get the mails just fine.
That makes me think it definately is a firewall or security setting.

The Armada manual has a snippet about firewall settings and PBeM too, so check up on that. Might be in the Supernova manual.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 29, 2016, 06:44:06 AM
looks like that link is for something called 'G-Suite', which requires a subscription ($5/month after free trial). I can't find anything similar in my gmail account settings, only a list of apps/OSs that have previously accessed gmail but no info on enabling new ones.

Is Allow Less Secure Apps on in your gmail settings? Should be an option for it at the bottom of the Connected apps & sites section.

See the attached screenshot.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 29, 2016, 07:00:45 AM
Weird how it worked before with the same gmail account, but will not work now. I presume gmail changed some of its security settings since we last played in the dark ages?

Most email providers have changed the security requirements for outdated/insecure apps (which I'm figuring the game is now considered to be). My Yahoo account nags me regularly about which things I allow to connect to it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on December 29, 2016, 07:16:41 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on December 29, 2016, 06:44:06 AM
looks like that link is for something called 'G-Suite', which requires a subscription ($5/month after free trial). I can't find anything similar in my gmail account settings, only a list of apps/OSs that have previously accessed gmail but no info on enabling new ones.

Is Allow Less Secure Apps on in your gmail settings? Should be an option for it at the bottom of the Connected apps & sites section.

See the attached screenshot.

I couldn't find a 'connected apps and sites' section. Here are the tabs I can choose from:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

It's under the Accounts tab. Once in there click the link for Google Account Settings.

Staggerwing

Thanks Mirth. I've finally found the hitch. looks like I'll need to set up a separate account for Armada:

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 29, 2016, 08:12:10 AM
Thanks Mirth. I've finally found the hitch. looks like I'll need to set up a separate account for Armada:

Makes sense. Good for you if you're using two step verification.

Anguille

If the game cannot recognise your gmail account, you can still copy the file you get in the inbox folder from armada 2526 supernova (which i had to do right now).

Staggerwing

Quote from: Anguille on December 29, 2016, 02:32:44 PM
If the game cannot recognise your gmail account, you can still copy the file you get in the inbox folder from armada 2526 supernova (which i had to do right now).

What folder does it go in?

Anguille

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 29, 2016, 06:56:06 PM
Quote from: Anguille on December 29, 2016, 02:32:44 PM

What folder does it go in?
Should be under my documents/saves/armada 2526 gold/inbox

OJsDad

Finally, was able to download to the folder that Anguille pointed out and was able to launch the game. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

OK, processed my turn and sent it back.  Let me know if you don't get it Yskonyn
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Yskonyn

Got it!

I currently have three of you. Do the others have problems still or just hadnt had the time yet?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

Will play later today. I am at the hospital...just got another baby girl.