Main Menu

Gimme some FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 09, 2018, 01:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IICptMillerII

Four day weekend here as well.

I've been trying to get into Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front with some success.

Otherwise I still need to finish Witcher 3 which I've admittedly run out of steam on. I'm just not as engaged in the story as I was hoping I would be.

Hope those of you who have a 3-4 day weekend enjoy it!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on November 09, 2018, 11:23:15 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 09, 2018, 11:19:05 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on November 09, 2018, 11:15:03 AM
Decided that since I have a 4 day weekend I'd visit games into which I put almost zero time.  The list includes:

I also plan on continuing my save on Football Manager 19.  This is probably the best edition since FM12.

Yet again I bought the latest edition and I still find myself looking at the screen endlessly trying to figure the best setup (small/large database, detail level, etc.) before even starting a career:(

I keep hoping they make the startup process easier and streamline the choices....I get stuck in analysis paralysis.... :(

It took me forever to get to the first league game.  There's a lot of new stuff in there but it seems a little smoother and more intuitive.

-budd-

That sucks HOF, good luck in your search, i wish you well. Nice video on Modular, makes me want to go out and buy it.

Four day weekend is much appreciated, my youngest boy turned 21 so we have family get together planned with probably some pitchers of something. Game wise it seems Slitherines pbem servers are back online, so i will continue with my pbem turns. Have an OOB, CTGW, and BA2 ongoing. Otherwise i'm thinking of continuing SOMA so i can move another game into the finished list. I'm suffering from large game que unplayed, unfinished gamers guilt  :)

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Hofstadter

Thanks guys <3

Also the Squad is kindy borky. A lot of people are having texture issues that make it harder for people to load in. People with big rigs have to lower a few settings, people with mid rigs can't load in (like me) at all. When I finally did the textures were buggered.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Moreb

I actually have 2 days off! I think I am going to get back at learning Total War: Warhammer II. So far I am very impressed. There's a lot more to the TW system than I ever imagined and the amount of in-game tips and help is as good as I have ever seen.

My thoughts go out to my fellow Americans out in California that have been struggling with massive fires and other horrors. United We Stand. Divided We Fall.
When dongles fly? - mirth

GroggyGrognard

Just purchased Return of the Obra Dinn off of Steam, so I'm going to give a try this weekend between 12 hour shifts.

Quote from: Hofstadter on November 09, 2018, 05:28:41 AM
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20718.0  Everything in there.

Wow! Those are some gruesome lacerations. I'm a radiographer, so I'm interested in asking you if they ordered any x-rays on your arms along with the CT scan.

It sounds like it was quite the long road to recovery and healing. I hope you're doing better.

Groggy

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Hofstadter

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on November 09, 2018, 11:35:09 PM
Just purchased Return of the Obra Dinn off of Steam, so I'm going to give a try this weekend between 12 hour shifts.

Quote from: Hofstadter on November 09, 2018, 05:28:41 AM
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20718.0  Everything in there.

Wow! Those are some gruesome lacerations. I'm a radiographer, so I'm interested in asking you if they ordered any x-rays on your arms along with the CT scan.

It sounds like it was quite the long road to recovery and healing. I hope you're doing better.

Groggy

They did an initial xray to look for glass shards, and then a ct the next day to check for muscle/nerve damage. That was four types of hell, they wanted me to raise my arms up over my hell (still cant do that with my left), so i had to sorta clasp my hands together and lift them up.
My wargaming channel

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Warframe and probably little else.  I will be diving into the new massive Fortuna update for the first time with my group. :)

Destraex

Quote from: Hofstadter on November 09, 2018, 03:41:49 AM
Job hunting for me. Got let go today from another part time when they saw my arm. Whee

Games wise, new update for Insurgency, might get that and see how it performs. New DLC for Mius front is always fun. Hoping the Squad public testing thing fixes up, a bunch of people are having trouble just loading into a map. Cooking wise, got myself a big bamboo steamer, gonna make some pork bao buns.

Holy Crap Hof. Just saw the photos of your wound. Is it not discrimination to fire somebody like that or could you not physically do your job?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Hofstadter

I'm physically able. As long as I don't lift anything over my head and do stretches, I'm good. It's probably illegal, theyre reasoning was a convoluted way of saying  they  don't want to be liable, but just too tired/apathetic to pursue anything.
My wargaming channel

Kushan

Came down with a slight case of man flu this weekend, so in between trying to sleep I watched tech videos on YouTube and played some Breath of the Wild and Diablo 3 on the Nintendo Switch.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Another weekend where I played random games I had not planned on playing. Inquisitor Martyr took up most of my time, with a bit of Mius Front: Operation Moduler and some Star Citizen 3.3 thrown into the mix.

The latest build of SC is the best yet in terms of frame rate and playability.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18