Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 27, 2020, 09:55:55 PM
I totally forgot about, 'Planescape Torment'. It had the best ending of any game I ever played. And was one game I really wanted finish to discover the fate of the Nameless One. Great game but somewhat dated by now.

Were you aware of this   https://store.steampowered.com/app/466300/Planescape_Torment_Enhanced_Edition/   
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Yes, I saw that. I don't believe there's enough new stuff to play the whole game through again. But if you're new to the game, it'd be worth a good, long look.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

Pillars 2. Robo-Dragon?  :o   Weren't the flesh and blood versions enough trouble?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Your guys look tiny. Just use your spell of "rusting" on the metal beast. If that doesn't work you could always.....................RUN ;)

Sir Slash

:2funny:   Or a really big magnet.

W8taminute

My German pilot in Heroes and Generals:

Profile at beginning of the match

Bölcke somewhere over the front
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity 2. This is what you need to get those, really hard to get Patagonian TV Stations.  O0

MOS:96B2P

CMSF 2.  Night Blast.

Room clearing.

Sir Slash

-budd-

Been playing some Action PC golf 2016. Thought about getting the new version but not enough new features to justify and also i have about 40+ courses loaded between buying extra and all the community courses. Played a pretty good round at Spanish Bay, left about 3 or 4 more shots out on the course. Could of been lower. Six birdies and an Eagle to finish, against 2 bogies with 8 one putts.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on September 25, 2020, 09:53:20 PM
Been playing some Action PC golf 2016. Thought about getting the new version but not enough new features to justify and also i have about 40+ courses loaded between buying extra and all the community courses. Played a pretty good round at Spanish Bay, left about 3 or 4 more shots out on the course. Could of been lower. Six birdies and an Eagle to finish, against 2 bogies with 8 one putts.

Bud, this is actually my #1 game that I play and favorite of all time.  If you only have the 2016 version, not sure how you feel there hasn't been enough changes/additions to warrant purchasing the 2020 version.  A lot has been added since then, see below.  Right now the game is on sale for only $29 and includes (24) courses (you may already own some of them) and the current PGA season.  In my opinion, totally worth $29 to get the last (4) years of improvements, not to mention some courses/seasons you may not have.

•   New terrain depiction with semi-transparent arrows. The level of transparency indicates the severity of the slope. Red arrows indicate severe slopes that the ball will not remain on. Terrain can be toggled on and off with the T key. Press G to toggle the green reading view. Clicking anywhere on the hole image when terrain is displayed hides the terrain.
•   Significant improvements and refinements to physics, including bounce, roll, and spin, as well as lie effects and interactions with slopes and terrain.
•   New knockdown shot. The knockdown has a lower trajectory with less spin and is useful in windy conditions. The carry distance of a stock knockdown shot is about 90% of a full shot.
•   Improved punch shot behavior, including a more accurate trajectory and rollout. Punch shots are now limited to 9-iron and longer.
•   Improved and increased CPU usage of punch shots, high shots, and knockdown shots.
•   Changes to full shot options for more realism. The spin slider was removed and replaced with a checkbox for a high spin shot, available when playing a wedge from a good fairway lie. The spin slider was often used to fine tune the shot distance by a couple clicks one way or the other, which doesn't match how and why spin is actually varied on wedge shots. Now it's more important to use the right trajectory to control spin. For example, to hit a shot that's lower, spins less, and rolls more, you could play less than full power with a longer club, or hit a knockdown shot or a draw. To get a high, spinning shot, hit it hard or play a fade. That was always true, but it's more important this year, and more satisfying with the physics improvements.
•   Redesigned tournament and game screens show more information in a cleaner, more intuitive layout.
•   Unique tournament color schemes that change the look of the tournament and gameplay screens to capture the look and feel of specific tournaments. Most modern tournaments have a color profile. Color profiles are stored in dksports-data\Golf\TournamentColors.csv.
•   New option for no halved (tied) matches in team events. All tied matches will replay hole 18 until a winner is determined.
•   New statistic for total putt distance made per round.
•   New strokes gained statistics for driving, approach, short game, and total. Strokes gained stats estimate how many shots per round better or worse than average a player is in each category. Each individual shot is evaluated against tour averages. For example, suppose a golfer is in the rough, 180 yards from the hole, and that the average number of shots to hole out from that lie and distance is three. If the shot is hit to a new position from which the average is 1.9 shots instead of two shots, that shot gained .1 shots against the average.
•   Support for png format and transparency for add-on course and tournament logos.
•   Improved schedule screen with logos for the tour and cup playoffs.
•   Option for dynamic weather in casual rounds. Weather can change throughout the round, and course conditions respond to weather. For example, rain tends to soften the course, and combinations of sun, heat, and wind will dry out the course and cause it to play firmer.
•   Courses are searchable in casual round setup.
•   The 2019-20 season, with golfer ratings updated through March 2020 includes the following schedules:
•    A full season schedule
•   A schedule with the rescheduled event dates
•   A schedule which uses only the 25 courses included with the game.
•   To import a schedule, choose Tools/Schedule/Import Schedule.
•   The 2020 Action! PC Golf game package includes 24 courses.

•   Quick-play options for simulating rounds include the following: Normal - Full detail. Pause and join at any time. Faster - Full detail, but in a simulation order that minimizes load times. Rounds play 20-30% faster but can't be paused or joined in progress. Fastest - Using a simplified simulation model, rounds play 80% faster but can't be joined in progress. This mode still includes full statistical tracking.
•   Improved physics for bounce, roll, and spin, and better interactions with sloping terrain.
•   Improved wind effects, including its effect on ball flight and the visual depiction of that ball flight.
•   Redesigned optional swing meter system with 4-click swing control. Using the swing meter is an alternate way to play the game, which allows the user some impact on the execution of the shot, while still factoring golfer ratings. Using the redesigned meter, you'll click to set power, click again for accuracy, and a third time for contact (fat or thin shots). The importance and effect of contact depends on the type of shot, the lie, and golfer's ability. A normal approach from the fairway is forgiving, but an approach from a fairway bunker needs to be struck precisely. Around the greens, the meter shows the distance the ball will carry in normal conditions on pitch, lob, and flop shots; and the total distance for running chip shots. It's up to the user to alter the swing length to account for lies, sloping terrain, and course conditions.
•   Improved visual styles on forms throughout the game give the game a cleaner, more attractive look.
•   Option to add course descriptions and clubhouse photos that appear on the redesigned course select screen.
•   New quick links to reports added to the opening screen, including buttons to quickly configure the opening screen leaderboards for various statistical categories including driving, approach, putting, rankings, and more). Country flags are now also displayed on the opening screen.
•   Option to preview and edit tournament pairings before each round.
•   Improved handling of divot lies in the fairway and buried lies in the sand. Balls have a greater chance of burying in bunkers if they impact at a steep angle. Spin adjustments are no longer allowed when playing from a divot, and the shot may react unpredictably.
•   Player ratings are color coded according to their percentile within the season file. An option in the season preferences allows you to set the number of players to compare against. For example, ratings can be color coded by percentile relative to the top 100, rather than the entire season file.
•   Option to hide the putt result percentages. With percentages hidden, putting is no longer a numbers game. You'll need to consider the break of the putt, green speeds, and round context when deciding on a strategy.
•   Improved ball markers during gameplay include the player's name and number of shots played, as well as a golfer picture (pictures not included).
•   Tournament summaries now show hole-by-hole totals for the entire tournament.
•   Support for the new Tour Championship format, in which players are assigned a starting score according to their cup ranking. This option can be enabled in the season preferences, and is enabled by default in the included 2018-19 season.
•   Updated schedules representing each decade which include both official course releases and community designed courses. To import one of these schedules, choose "Tools/Schedules/Import" from the opening game screen.

•   New encyclopedia function allows you to compile and view season stats, career stats, and tournament results from multiple seasons. Powerful search tools make it easy to call up an individual's tournament results in major championships, every tournament on a certain course, career wins or money standings, or practically anything else you can think of
•   Improved sounds including new club contact sounds and crowd reactions.
•   Improved tournament atmosphere. Crowd size and intensity varies according to the draw of the players in the group and their standing in the tournament. Playing a group of lesser known players you'll hear only occasional light applause, while bigger names will have bigger reactions. Head into the back nine on Sunday in contention, and you'll hear the crowd roar in response to great shots.
•   Variable player 'form' ratings. Similar to alternate reality mode or variable 'stuff' ratings in our other games, player ratings can move up or down throughout the course of a season. This includes ratings for driving accuracy, approach play, short game, and putting, as well as right or left miss tendency. Ratings can change after each week. Typically, they remain within a few tenths of the original rating, but can occasionally progress more than that over the course of multiple weeks. This adds a dynamic element to every season. Variable form is optional and must be turned on in the season preferences.
•   Moving the mouse over a player's name throughout the game displays a pop-up of his ratings and basic stats.
•   Moving the mouse over a players score during tournament play, on the course, and on the tournament summary, displays a pop-up scorecard.
•   New tournament hole stats report includes basic hole stats plus longest drive, closest to the pin, and longest putt, as well as a graphical depiction of the hole and every shot hit.
•   Player highlighting on the tournament screen draws your attention to noteworthy players including those making moves up or down the leaderboard, as well as high ranked players.
•   Round scoring average is displayed on the tournament screen during play.
•   Added the ability to change weather and course conditions during casual rounds. This is especially useful in practice mode.
•   Further improvements to game physics including spin and surface reactions.
•   Improved assessment of putt difficulty, especially on putts with multiple breaks. The putt description text has returned with a read of every putt. Mouse over the text for the graphical depiction of a putt's anticipated movement.
•   Improvements to AI including recovery shot situations.
•   Added the option to write descriptions of each hole which show up before play. The community gone to work on these during game testing!
•   Added the option for multiple flag images for each course for tournament or major championship play, or for specific years. Images should be saved in the course folder as 'FlagTournament.png', 'FlagMajor.png', 'FlagMajor1976.png', etc.. Again, the community has already gotten started on mods to take advantage of this!
•   Dozens of new historical scenarios ready to play.

•   Golf ball physics have been completely redone from scratch, resulting in a significant impact on accuracy and realism, and a more satisfying gameplay experience. For example: Much more realistic and predictable bounce, roll, and spin physics. Well struck wedge shots bounce forward, check, and spin back. Club, lie, and swing length all realistically affect the amount of spin imparted on the shot. Significant improvements to interactions with different surfaces and course conditions like firmness, green speeds, and rough length. Much more realistic interactions with slopes. Hole interactions driven by physics, including lip-outs and lip-ins. Pin strikes with realistic deflections. More realistic green speed effects. Green speeds can range between six and 14 on the stimpmeter. At the high end, greens are truly treacherous. Missing an approach on the short side, in deep rough, to a fast green running away from you, results in a seriously demanding shot. Info around the mouse cursor provides useful information where it's needed. This includes distance, slope, tree percentage, and relevant hole attributes, making shot planning more intuitive.
•   Option to save instant replays. Replays for great or interesting shots are saved automatically for both human and computer golfers. Saved replays can be searched from the opening screen menu, as well as during tournament play. When an autoplayed computer player hits a great shot in a tournament, you can watch it! Optionally, tournaments will pause when golfers hole out from off the green and a replay is available.
•   Mouse and keyboard shortcuts for changing clubs, power, spin, and other options. After a round or two getting used to these, you won't want to play without them.
•   Increased chance of making a putt after watching a playing partner putt from the same line. This is indicated on the game screen with an increase in putting rating.
•   Option for randomly generated pin positions in casual rounds.
•   Option to move the pin manually to a new location in casual rounds.
•   Multiple tee to green elevation changes. Hole #8 at 'Pacific Beach,' for example, will play uphill for the tee shot and downhill for the approach.
•   New 'rocks' surface for large, unpredictable bounces. For example, '2014 Orlando Club' has been updated with rocks surrounding the greens.
•   New 'uneven lies' areas generate unpredictable bounces and difficult stances. For example, see the mounds around some of the greens at the new 'Ponte Vedra Club v2,' which make recovery more difficult.
•   Options for short game shots allow you to target an ending point, landing point, or power and direction.
•   Improved 3-click swing meter results (optional)
•   Option to play one match at a time in match play tournaments.
•   Improved real world live weather download is more accurate and reliable, using weather data from the nearest airport.

-budd-

Well Damn, when you put it like that...............downloading. I just watched a video of the 2020 version for comparison. Thanks for taking the time.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on September 26, 2020, 09:15:02 AM
Well Damn, when you put it like that...............downloading. I just watched a video of the 2020 version for comparison. Thanks for taking the time.

Wise choice:). Love this golf gane

MOS:96B2P

US non-combatants arrive at the US consulate in preparation for evacuation.

As the city descends into violence the evacuees are secured within the consulate walls by a USMC detail.

Rayfer

MOS....nice screenies but what's the game?