Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Just when you had me with Tool Bawb, now this...I thought we had something 😓

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I can empathize with this poor guy. Killing horrid monsters, sleeping with buxom babes, grabbing ton of cool loot, and wielding a big-ass sword while flying through the air doing killing moves can't be as much fun as it sounds. He probably never gets to have a day off or kicks back and watch the game on the telly while eating some good wings and a beer. And all those potions! Damn. Probably lives his whole life having to pee. And how can he even get to it in all that armor? Poor bastard. But, hey. Beats the shit out of working at 7-11.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

The first Witcher was off-putting for me because of the language. I know this came from an eastern European dev, I think, so the English was very odd. It constantly took me right out of the story. The gameplay was alright, but the dialogue was  ???.

Gusington

^The games are based on the books which were originally written in Polish.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Enjoy your segment Gus, keep it up. It seems i have the first two Witcher games[don't remember buying #2] Steam says i have 59 minutes into Witcher 1 but i vaguely remember something about the combat control system bothering me but don't remember what about it that put me off. Is the combat system the same in each game?

It's the month of scares you need to pull out all the stops for your next segment, and go all in on a creepy game, a spectacularly scary game >:D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

^Last week I covered Darkwood! The next one out is not creepy...apologies.

The combat is different in all three games. First game is a top-down, almost isometric game. I enjoyed it a lot. The themes were the same there as in the later games. Dark, eastern European feel, lots of monster variety and bewbs.

I really wanted to like The Witcher 2 but could not figure out the combat at all. It was the game's first foray in to a first or third person point of view. I stopped playing the tutorial after getting my pale white arse handed to me repeatedly and haven't gone back. I would like to one day.

The Witcher 3, for me, is definitely the best in the series. Combat is streamlined (some say dumbed down by I like it) and the game is just bursting with dark lore. Think Skyrim done by Robert Smith.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

this week...?  well, go hit the front page to find out :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

Medieval 2 was the last time i played a total war game. Bought 4 more, never installed, never played......but..but.. they were on sale :uglystupid2: Enjoyed the read Gus.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Probably close to being my all time favorite TW game and the only one I completed two Grand Campaigns to victory as Spain and Holy Roman Empire. Loved the way that gunpowder completely changed the battlefield dynamics. There's now a 'Europa Barbarorum' mod for TW2 BTW. I'm tempted.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd