Origins 2016 (June 15-19), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 07, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Start planning now for Origins 2016!

Yes, we know Dawg.  Something is going to come up...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I didn't know you were all so anxious to meet me ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Puns in person. MWAHAHAHAHA. Err, that's if I can make it next year.  :-\

bayonetbrant

Just a heads-up, you're going to want to book hotels early.  Stuff fills up quick.  For the guys working the show, there are some rooms set aside for volunteers (still have to pay for them, just make sure they get one), but the rest of y'all are going to want to book early...

https://goo.gl/maps/mc8R1

If you want to split a hotel with someone, post about it here and y'all can make your own arrangements.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

airboy

I think I'm going to Gencon instead.  Origins has always seemed to have a heavy focus on boardgames - and I would prefer RPGs.  Let me know if I'm mistaken.

DragonCon got so massive that it does not appeal any longer - even though Atlanta is a 2 hour drive away.

bayonetbrant

There's a LOT of RPGs to play at Origins.  The Rogue Judges guys always put on a great show, and most of the banquet rooms on the 2nd floor of the hotel are packed with organized / scheduled RPG events

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 03, 2015, 11:19:32 PM
There's a LOT of RPGs to play at Origins.  The Rogue Judges guys always put on a great show, and most of the banquet rooms on the 2nd floor of the hotel are packed with organized / scheduled RPG events

Can you register in advance for a spot in a game, or is it show up and hope for the best?

bayonetbrant

nope - you register in advance and get tickets for the specific events when you pick up your badge.  You turn in your tickets at the event.  One of the GM's responsibilities is to collect those tickets and turn them into the area coordinators after the event.

Kushan

Depending on how work shakes out I'm planning on being there this year.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Kushan on January 03, 2016, 01:16:03 AM
Depending on how work shakes out I'm planning on being there this year.

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

MetalDog

Tomorrow I pick my vacation for the year.  I plan to take the week after Origins off.  The reason is, I am hoping to be able to get Friday the 17th off to drive up.  Attend Origins Saturday and Sunday (and help with clean up and break down) and then stick around Columbus until June 21.  Peter Gabriel and Sting are kicking off a tour that night and I'd like to go to the show.  Anybody want to join me?  In any event, if I go, I'd be willing to share a room with someone.

Martok

Dumb question:  Do most/all folks stay the whole four nights?  Trying to plan out not only expenses, but time-off requests as well... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Barthheart

I'd say come for as much as you can afford. I'm gonna be there Wednesday to Sunday.
Are you gonna help out at Grogheads Central Command or just sightsee and play games?

MetalDog

Got the vacation I wanted!  I'll be there late Friday night and all day Sat. and Sun.  You wanna room with me Martok?