Main Menu

Pirate games

Started by acctingman, March 26, 2021, 09:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vox

Skoop

I always get confused with this Akela pirate game.  Steam has several versions, hard to tell which one is the most current.  I've played the city of abandoned ships, it was cool but no way do I want to fiddle with mods these days.

Maybe red dead redemption goes pirates might be a game that rock star should make.

Like Des, I play a naval action which is all sailing and ship combat but from the pvp side of the game.  It's a sailing sim mmo, think eve online but in sailing ships instead of space ships.  As epic as naval action is, I can't recommend the pvp side as it's very intense and punishing for new players....you have to have the stomach for it, but also very rewarding when you win because of the challenge.

al_infierno

Quote from: Vox on March 28, 2021, 04:36:37 PM
Here a link from 2020 pcgamer article that will explain more about POTC and the New Horizons Mod.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/this-17-year-long-mod-project-makes-the-pirates-of-the-caribbean-tie-in-game-one-of-the-best-pirate-sims-around/

Where do people get the vanilla game from?  Doesn't seem to be available on Steam or anywhere else, I could only find a rather sketchy looking download on ThePirateBay - funny enough :arr:

Quote from: Skoop on March 28, 2021, 06:49:09 PM
I always get confused with this Akela pirate game.  Steam has several versions, hard to tell which one is the most current.  I've played the city of abandoned ships, it was cool but no way do I want to fiddle with mods these days.

Judging by the listed release dates, To Each His Own is the most recent instalment.  I picked it up and most of the DLC with some steam bux I got from a refund.

Quote from: Skoop on March 28, 2021, 06:49:09 PM

Maybe red dead redemption goes pirates might be a game that rock star should make.

YES!  RDR2 already has pretty good physics for shooting holes in boats and sinking faster based on the number of holes.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Phantom

City of Abandoned ships about a dollar on Gog - no brainer if you want to try it...
https://www.gog.com/game/sea_dogs_city_of_abandoned_ships

steve58

Arh (arg?) matey, here tis another and its got a demo...King of the Seas on Steam.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Father Ted

Quote from: steve58 on April 14, 2021, 03:58:02 PM
Arh (arg?) matey, here tis another and its got a demo...King of the Seas on Steam.

Could we try that one more time? With a bit more pirate?  Something like "AAaarhhh! Me hearties!"...

Gusington

King of Seas looks epic! Thanks for posting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: Father Ted on April 14, 2021, 05:05:11 PM
Quote from: steve58 on April 14, 2021, 03:58:02 PM

Could we try that one more time? With a bit more pirate?  Something like "AAaarhhh! Me hearties!"...

In my defense, I've been a bit under the weather lately.  :-[
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)