Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: What war game do you wish would be made next
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 08:47:38 PM »
Steel Division 3 Napoleonic

Despite the same level of unit variety, that seems like a great idea!
Computer Gaming / Re: Stellar Monarch II
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 08:45:39 PM »
I was going to say, "Wow and he held off early access--!", but the (mostly stellar) reviews do indicate there was an EA period (with some reviews dating from that time, so it was apparently a very open beta).

Wishlisted. I would like to get into it, but I played and sent back the original due to having too many other shiny things to play with at the time and it just didn't grab my attention sufficiently. Spoiled for choice, waaaaaaah.  :buck2:
« Last post by Destraex on Today at 08:08:02 PM »
Steel Division 3 Napoleonic
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukraine
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 07:37:44 PM »
There is a good analysis of the tactical nuke factor here. Starts at around 48:00

« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 06:53:24 PM »
Interesting item of note today. 

David Petraeus made the rounds today, speaking what was almost certainly language meant to communicate a warning to the Russians via "unofficial" channels. 

That message was, that if Putin does deploy tactical nuclear weapons, the response from NATO could be to commence full scale air operations with the intent of destroying the Russian army in the field in Ukraine. 

He also made it clear that such a response would include Crimea. 

A few CNN pundits echoed the message later.  Some analysis by them was that this chatter was in fact conveying to Russia that a NATO military response is fully an option in response to escalation to nukes.
Computer Gaming / Capital Command
« Last post by steve58 on Today at 06:42:41 PM »
Thought I'd seen a thread (or maybe just a mention?) of this one before.  Did a search, but nadda.  Anyway, as part of Steam's October Next Fest, this one has a demo.

Capital Command is a space-sim that puts you in charge of a powerful capital ship doing battle in the far reaches of space. The AI in charge of local defense has gone rogue, and at this distant frontier outpost, you're the only chance of restoring order. Your crew follows your every command as you give orders to navigators, gunners, repair teams, and engineers, directing a large, cumbersome ship equipped with an expansive arsenal.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1490930/Capital_Command/
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Today at 06:34:37 PM »
... but really what I'd kill for is just a straight polished remake of Age of Rifles. 

A to the men!
« Last post by al_infierno on Today at 06:23:08 PM »
try this Tripoli, helps with the picture size.

You should use a codeblock so people can actually read what you're telling them to use:

Code: [Select]
[img width=1200][/img]
Computer Gaming / Re: Taste the FRIDAY
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Today at 05:49:46 PM »
A fan rework of scourge of war you say?

Sorry, should have specified that it was a fan re-work of the Waterloo movie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10