Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Yeah, theatre of war was started and put on hold years ago. It was like Arena Commander or Star Marine, their way of testing a component of the game in a set piece setting. Arena Commander tests dogfighting, Star Marine tests interior FPS fighting, theatre of war was to test larger outdoor battles with combined arms.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Yskonyn

I just became aware of the 'battlefield-like' mode they ALSO intend to add to the game.
While its an interesting concept I do think:

a) its going to be super niche with all the highly detailed simulation things going on in the game for people to handle a frontline high-octance pvpve scenario on top of that.

b) its becoming 10 games into one at this point. Where Squadron 42 has been separated from the main game, I'd not be surprised if this complete game mode would as well.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

While I tend to agree that all these side projects might distract the progression of the PU which is the end all be all of this game that will keep you playing for years.  I end up supporting the side projects with the idea that they add the tech and features to the PU.

Destraex

I think of them like training simulators or tutorials for the main game. I would not be surprised if after they have got the data and info they need from them that they are either removed or not updated.

Pete Dero

Trying to unrender a rendered shader is a very difficult challenge ...

A lot of time was spent researching real life invisibility so we could accurately render it in game.

This was posted on the first of April !!!

Destraex

Been a while since I posted in STAR CITEEZENS. But our little group has really been enjoying ourselves mucking around with things in star citizens.

The xeno threat mission that was supposed to be live was broken. Resulting in a lot of players simply logging off in their ships beds to go try another server.

We docked this little Snub fighter you can see under the larger Constellation Andromeda here. We actually got attacked while our snub pilot tried to dock. It was very cool to see him roll off and go into the attack with everybody shouting targets off the port bow!

A Gladius light fighter after battle. The damage modelling is getting better.

We had a stow away on the Constellation who my crew mate took care off. By the time I got back to the end of the ship to look, his body was gone. Only a pistol as an indication of where he was.

Waiting on a pad for a friend to exit the lifts and add one more crew member to the ship. We had four crewing the ship this night. A pilot, Dorsal and ventral gunner as well as a snub pilot.

Skoop

I've been playing the 3.14.1 update pretty heavily.  The ship combat had big changes and took a while to get used to, but I really like the changes now.  Pvp fights are more drawn out and tactical.  I've seen some annoying bugs, and the free fly had a ton of hackers causing havoc on servers.  Inspite of that, the combat is addictive and keeps me playing it and hunting down those pvp bounties.

Destraex

Hackers or just swamped servers?
PVP bounties take more time than I have. Jumping all over the place trying to guess where the bounty will be sighted next is very time consuming to say the least.

What is puzzling me at the moment is the cross section emission icon at the top middle of the display. How does one lower use the cross section? Beaming, stealth plate? Assuming cross section is the diamond icon? The three lines heat/Infrared and the lightning icon power/electromagnetic.

"Pinging using the default keybind (Tab) actively finds additional contacts, or highlights volumes of space to investigate weak signatures, both of which are displayed via the radar and its AR HUD elements. This overhaul also includes new UI elements for Infrared (IR) – emitted by heat-generating entities, Electromagnetic, (EM) – emitted by entities which draw (use) or generate electrical power, and Cross Section (CS) – representing how visible an entity is based on its size and how reflective its surface type(s). The larger a contact is (and the more of its profile it presents), the greater its CS signature is.

Blobs are generated when an entity's signature strength is strong enough to reach the radar but not otherwise strong enough to be detected as a contact. These blobs are visually divided into cuboids and can indicate a volume of space to investigate, where an entity or entities might be located. The size of a blob is determined by the base signature strength of the entity. This means that the larger a blob is, the less accurate its representation of an entity's position."

Skoop

The hack issues is was seeing is you just insta die for no reason or you insta crime stat for no reason.  The hackers were able to insta death someone or insta crime stat some one.  It's been reported to CIG.  The Dsync issues are pretty bad too.  But, some how the combat is so fun I keep playing it pretty regularly. 

Destraex

I knew that their were crime stat issues at the moment if you have not accepted a mission before attacking. Will have to read up on the hacking version of this. I suspect they are exploiters rather than hackers. The insta die thing I have seen as well with no other players around.

Pete Dero

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Star Citizen Live Stats

Funds Raised
$ 500,124,788

Star Citizens

JasonPratt

So a tad over $122 spent on average.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Geezer

I spent about $40 so long ago I can't even remember when.  Looked around my hangar and logged out.  Haven't logged in again since.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

I've spent over $1,000 over 8 years, or so.  \m/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Geezer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 21, 2022, 04:35:07 PM
I've spent over $1,000 over 8 years, or so.  \m/

That leaves me speechless.   :o
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw