U.S. Space Force

Started by jomni, February 19, 2019, 08:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Not very catchy but you can dance to it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on September 23, 2022, 10:45:52 AM
I never know whether to take memes like this seriously or not.

Not a meme.

ArizonaTank

Somehow the theme is just missing something...  photon torpedoes? lasers? or burning meteors perhaps?

For comparison, the theme of the US Army Air Corps:

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, give 'er the gun
Down we dive spouting our flame from under
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame, hey!
Nothing'll stop the Army Air Corps!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

Now there's a tune I could dance to. Even sober.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

To be fair, anything they tried to produce would look like a meme. As long as it's awesome, that's the best we can hope for.

At least it sounds traditional instead of new-agey!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

I think the problem the Space Force has is that it hasn't really accomplished anything publicly notable yet. No hard fought battles, no triumphs against great odds, no tremendous sacrifice that won the battle in the last hour. All the other services have this and are generally featured in their songs.

Imagine years from now after they've fought battles in space. Once they've set attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. When they've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate...then, The Space Force shall have a glorious song.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

I was kinda hoping they would use this  ;D

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

Re: Space Boyz Theme Song

Sweet Jesus, it's getting worse.

steve58

Quote from: Tripoli on September 23, 2022, 03:50:22 PM
I was kinda hoping they would use this  ;D

:-\ :-\ While that would be acceptable, I prefer the opening music from ST:DS9.  Show may not have been as good, but I like the music better... O0

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

solops

The obvious music for the Space Force is the Imperial March from Star Wars. Heck, i'd go join today! And if all recruits got a spiffy stormtrooper suit, enrollment would soar!  Eat your heart out Army!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2022, 03:40:42 PM
I think the problem the Space Force has is that it hasn't really accomplished anything publicly notable yet. No hard fought battles, no triumphs against great odds, no tremendous sacrifice that won the battle in the last hour. All the other services have this and are generally featured in their songs.

Im pretty sure all of their wins are pretty classified just like they were when it was Space Command.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

"Space Force-- We do more in nine orbits than most people do all day".

GDS_Starfury

joke all you want, these are the people that are running the X-37b program and it's fucking spectacular.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

I thought DS-9 was an awfully well crafted show.  Not nearly as revolutionary as the original series, but the execution was crisp and it offered a much more nuanced, real-life glimpse into that future universe than anything offered in the other series.  The latter seasons were particularly strong, with a well-developed story line and some very carefully grown characters.

That said, my thinking is that this one did NOT make the short list of theme songs for The Space Force.