Author Topic: U.S. Space Force  (Read 5654 times)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
Re: U.S. Space Force
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2022, 09:51:51 AM »
Not very catchy but you can dance to it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2022, 11:20:21 AM »
Semper Supra Uber Alles?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Pete Dero

• Spam Moderator
  • Condottieri
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 12:05:13 PM »
I never know whether to take memes like this seriously or not.

Not a meme.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Condottieri
  • Honus Wagner - "The Flying Dutchman"
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 12:26:31 PM »
Somehow the theme is just missing something...  photon torpedoes? lasers? or burning meteors perhaps?

For comparison, the theme of the US Army Air Corps:

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, give 'er the gun
Down we dive spouting our flame from under
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame, hey!
Nothing'll stop the Army Air Corps!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2022, 02:01:46 PM »
Now there's a tune I could dance to. Even sober.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2022, 02:32:55 PM »
To be fair, anything they tried to produce would look like a meme. As long as it's awesome, that's the best we can hope for.

At least it sounds traditional instead of new-agey!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2022, 02:40:42 PM »
I think the problem the Space Force has is that it hasn’t really accomplished anything publicly notable yet. No hard fought battles, no triumphs against great odds, no tremendous sacrifice that won the battle in the last hour. All the other services have this and are generally featured in their songs.

Imagine years from now after they’ve fought battles in space. Once they’ve set attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. When they’ve watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate…then, The Space Force shall have a glorious song.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Tripoli

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2022, 02:50:22 PM »
I was kinda hoping they would use this  ;D

“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dammit Carl!

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2022, 03:15:56 PM »
Re: Space Boyz Theme Song

Sweet Jesus, it's getting worse.

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2022, 03:23:37 PM »
I was kinda hoping they would use this  ;D

:-\ :-\ While that would be acceptable, I prefer the opening music from ST:DS9.  Show may not have been as good, but I like the music better... O0

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline solops

• Man-at-Arms
  • Woof!
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2022, 03:39:26 PM »
The obvious music for the Space Force is the Imperial March from Star Wars. Heck, i'd go join today! And if all recruits got a spiffy stormtrooper suit, enrollment would soar!  Eat your heart out Army!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:42:59 PM by solops »
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2022, 04:02:05 PM »
I think the problem the Space Force has is that it hasn’t really accomplished anything publicly notable yet. No hard fought battles, no triumphs against great odds, no tremendous sacrifice that won the battle in the last hour. All the other services have this and are generally featured in their songs.

Im pretty sure all of their wins are pretty classified just like they were when it was Space Command.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2022, 09:24:20 PM »
"Space Force-- We do more in nine orbits than most people do all day".

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2022, 09:33:57 PM »
joke all you want, these are the people that are running the X-37b program and it's fucking spectacular.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Offline FarAway Sooner

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2022, 10:43:27 AM »
I thought DS-9 was an awfully well crafted show.  Not nearly as revolutionary as the original series, but the execution was crisp and it offered a much more nuanced, real-life glimpse into that future universe than anything offered in the other series.  The latter seasons were particularly strong, with a well-developed story line and some very carefully grown characters.

That said, my thinking is that this one did NOT make the short list of theme songs for The Space Force.