Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

can we all skip to the bunker part at the end.  :bd:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 24, 2022, 10:50:28 AM
^The resemblance is striking.

Volkssturm is being recruited as we speak.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 24, 2022, 12:11:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 24, 2022, 10:50:28 AM
^The resemblance is striking.

Volkssturm is being recruited as we speak.

No.  The Volkssturm was well motivated in comparison.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 24, 2022, 12:05:49 PM
can we all skip to the bunker part at the end.  :bd:

Soon in a theater near you : Downfall 2

Gusington

^A reality-based series, in a different language. Same themes.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

there are tons of downfalls memes already, like a new one every week.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Dammit Carl!

The line from Killing Joke's song "Eighties," "Let's kamikaze 'till we get there," seems painfully at play with the Russians now.

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

Any reference to Killing Joke is a good and welcome one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

ISW reports leaked Russian documents that discuss the true scale of the mobilization.

They call for an eventual goal of 1.2 Million men mobilized, with a two week training regimen to get them ready to be deployed to combat.

This is partly confirmed by the reports coming out of Russia of young men and students being called up despite not having completed their military service, and by public statements being "exempt" because of their student status. 

Gen. Mark Hertling's analysis is that it'd be virtually impossible for Russia to mobilize even the 300,000 that they're officially asking for due to the huge institutional problems with Russia's training programs. 

His analysis connected to something mentioned earlier in this thread, Russia simply has no true institutional NCO corps. 

The NCO's that are tasked with training recruits are notorious for being bully's who have hazed recruits, sometimes fatally as institutional rules.   Most of them are lifers that enlisted for long service in the Russian army because they were recruited from the lowest strata of Russian society, many choosing service over prison.  They are given enormous power over the recruits, and lord it over them like abusive prison guards more than actual teachers and trainers. 

Hertling spent a lot of time studying the Russian training institutions, bringing up that even Elite units weren't exempt from this treatment as a right of passage in the VDV was to have their jump wings pounded directly into the chests of trainees by their NCO's. 

You can only imagine what kind of army will result from these methods, with no experienced Jr. Officers or NCO's to command them once they're sent to combat.

I think Ukrainian tactics to use PR to coerce surrender and then to send POW's to neutral countries will be even more effective if ISW and Hertling's analysis is correct.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Two weeks of training to get sent to combat??

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 24, 2022, 04:05:45 PM
Two weeks of training to get sent to combat??

Two weeks. 

The Russian MoD even confirmed that in an announcement. 

That's not really enough even if they were doing what they claimed and activating reservists. 

It's comically bad if they're sending in the untrained or men so old they did their service decades ago. 

Even worse, there are reports of people with health exemptions being called up, like diabetics and the chronically ill.  People that need specialized care and won't be able to get it being trained and sent into battle. 

Russia seems to be going with the old adage, bury the enemy in bodies.

GDS_Starfury

Hertling has become one of the standout analysists of this war.

GDS_Starfury

bad day for soviet aviation.
1 Su-25
2 Su-30
1 Su-34
all happily shot down today with visual confirmation on a 30 and 34 so far.

heres the su-30 https://twitter.com/i/status/1573787617765752833

heres the su-34 https://twitter.com/i/status/1573682176037724164

JasonPratt

Dang, even Hitler got three months' training!  >:D

I've been a little surprised that memes featuring Russia as WH40K's Imperial Guards (the most obvious geek comparison imaginable) haven't started showing up yet. If this doesn't do it, nothing will?

(Maybe the problem is that fans like the Guards, who are portrayed as overachieving underdogs in a nightmare universe.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!