Main Menu

Firefox Weirdness

Started by solops, November 30, 2021, 12:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

The forums have been presented in a weird texty format for the last few months on my PC in Firefox, though they look normal on my Kindle. Anyone else have this happen??
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

steve58

I use Chrome and see that occasionally, but it usually clears when I do a refresh or two, and/or just exiting Chrome and restarting.

Maybe try running ccleaner and/or clean out your browser cache.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CJReich46

Quote from: solops on November 30, 2021, 12:01:22 PM
The forums have been presented in a weird texty format for the last few months on my PC in Firefox, though they look normal on my Kindle. Anyone else have this happen??
Quote from: solops on November 30, 2021, 12:01:22 PM

This isn't cache related. Firefox is blocking Mixed Content (images, videos) for security reasons.  I'm guessing* the forums are not HTTPS. Where as the main site is HTTPS. 
Firefox since Firefox 23, is doing a block that is in Chrome, I.E.

Solops - this is why Firefox is doing this:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/mixed-content-blocking-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct&redirectslug=how-does-content-isnt-secure-affect-my-safety&redirectlocale=en-US

It's the only way I can access the forums and view them and images normally. Anyone use browsers like Brave or Vivaldi?

*guessing as in my IT is a bit weak.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Pete Dero

I have Firefox and have no issues.

Did you change something else (Firefox Add-ons or security settings, Windows 11, ...).