BROKEN ARROW - the new Red Dragon, better than regiments? FOOTAGE inside.

Started by Destraex, December 15, 2021, 08:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

From 3:38 there is an interview and a lot of footage of the new BROKEN ARROW game. Which is very similar to RED DRAGON.
A lot of weapon customisation and even a mission editor. The gent sounds French maybe? Perhaps an ex Eugen employee?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1234127357
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I remember when this game was first mentioned at Slitherine's summer conference last year.  Game is looking good.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

Wow. They seem to have a few things WARNO does not... city buildings being a good example as well as weapons loadout configuration.
However at the moment with all of the health bars and just the way units seem to be moving about I do not see it as competition to WARNO.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

CaptainKoloth

I'm actually kind of disappointed, I thought this would take a somewhat more realistic tack in the vein of Flashpoint or Regiments or Wargame, but it's looking very arcadey and more akin to World in Conflict (which I struggled to enjoy for whatever reason- gameplay isn't much different than a generic console RTS). Great graphics at least (which WIC also had).

undercovergeek

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 14, 2022, 07:32:33 PM
I'm actually kind of disappointed, I thought this would take a somewhat more realistic tack in the vein of Flashpoint or Regiments or Wargame, but it's looking very arcadey and more akin to World in Conflict (which I struggled to enjoy for whatever reason- gameplay isn't much different than a generic console RTS). Great graphics at least (which WIC also had).

I don't why you would think it would be more realistic - any promotional release has always leant towards a wargame eugen style game

It's exactly what I hoped it would be

Grim.Reaper

Demo being released on Feb. 6th

Demo Available at Steam Next Fest

Broken Arrow will be part of the Steam Next Fest.

What does this mean? It means that everyone starting on February 6th at 10 am Pacific time will be able to download and play the Broken Arrow demo, consisting of one playable scenario from the single player story campaign.

We'd love to hear your honest feedback on the game, so don't refrain from hopping in the game, giving it a try and letting us know what you think. We'll be collecting the feedback through a special survey that you can access from within the game.

We will also be streaming the same scenario live on Twitch on Tuesday February 7th at 8 pm GMT. Furthermore, join us at Tea Time on February 9th at 4 pm GMT for an exclusive live interview with Félix Habert, Creative Director for the game.

Destraex

Looking forward to the demo. As well as the Great War Western Front demo..

GeneralHawk

The Demo is fantastic. Grand scale with great unit variety and although not a grognard title/game, there is a great sense of modern warfare at the tip of your hands....
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Grim.Reaper

Sadly, couldn't get the demo to work.  Just locks up during loading.  It's very rare when things don't run on my pc so not sure what is up.

trek

Got the demo installed yesterday around 3:00 PM. I've replayed it a half-dozen times. Definitely has a World in Conflict atmosphere with the voice acting, etc. But the game pace is much slower (which I like). The pacing gives you time to plan your unit's movements and be as meticulous with calling up reinforcements as you want to be. Visually the game looks wonderful and the FX and sound is impactful.

However, the AI as to be expected in a modern warfare setting is deadly. Almost too deadly. I've gotten my ass handed to me so far every time. That lone T-72 on the other side of the park has even zeroed-in on my Marine Force Recon troops even when I've hidden them in the woods along the main boulevard on the far left of the map. One little mistake with positioning your troops or vehicles and you are instantly dead! I had some Marines positioned in the gap between two of the high rise buildings where I thought they were hidden from view and the T-72 moved along another street just a little and found the visual angle on that gap and hit them. And this is from long range.

I've got to admit I keep replaying the Demo only about 20 minutes at a time and I need to spend more time with it. It is difficult enough to make you want to almost rage quit at times after you've put so much effort into maneuvering your troops to what you think will be a victorious advantage. I played it once enough where I called in a few ground reinforcements but still didn't get very far in eliminating the enemy. In the Demo so far no Helos or Air Support are available in my short playthroughs.

Anyway, this is the game I've been waiting for many years. I'd describe is as a combo of WIC, CM and the production values of WARNO combined. The entire scope of the game is remarkable. Can't wait for the release!