WarNo by Eugen - aka WARGAME 4

Started by Destraex, December 17, 2021, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

There are some core mechanics in this one that were in Red Dragon but I just cannot get my head around. One specifically being the tanks driving through forests as an AI thing. WARNO is proving very hard to sink my teeth into as well. I love steel division 2 so much more.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

A few screenshots from warno which now has 14 divisions total (so far) and a campaign map similar to Steel Division 2's coming.
I find it far superior to Red Dragon but the internet crowd is funny. They prefer what they know and I think like many games they look set to stay with red dragon, primarily because they seem to expect that Eugen are giving them the same product with less content and DLC to come. I on the other hand cannot stand the Red Dragon interface and see a huge amount of improvement over Red Dragon in general.

Skoop

Destraex

Quote from: Skoop on October 02, 2022, 10:46:26 PM
Warno with army general will really fun.
I liked the Steel Division 2 campaign but it was tedious and also was a bit of a "setup" in terms of how you were pretty much pre-determined by the initial strategic deployment as to how you could play. Realistic but meant like the real thing tonnes of battles on the same terms. Defensive or Offensive. A real grind. The grind caused because you played every single battle (I don't not auto-resolve) instead of one big front all at once. I think it was the defensive sand bags and such and deploying them every time that made quick battles impossible. Making progress in the campaign was slow if you wanted to do it properly.
In WARNO we will see.

An early dev shot of the campaign map

Destraex

A new patch today that brought another two divisions to look at today. A British Territorial division and a French Paratrooper division. Both very cheaply kitted out. In steel division 2 we would call these B or C class divisions. They do have some interesting kit though. The French have 6 wheeled armoured cars with 90mm guns but no tanks. The British have a few older chieftains and some ring in m48s from the west germans.

fran

The developers adjusted the (multiplayer) game speed recently, and it feels a lot better in-game.

Destraex

Sure does feel better. A few sore points are still the los and the hitpoints for tanks (AP behaviour) but apart from that it's great fun and I think the balance is about right now.

Destraex

fran

Looks cool, did they say how it influences game play, an additional length of the line of sight perhaps?

fran

Destraex

They have not said how it will affects gameplay and I suspect that it will be the same as having a single story building for infantry.
As for destruction mode. I am really not a fan of that mode. It's for people that love to play ww1 style defensive lines while the AI zombie waves you.
But against humans it could be pretty amazing... trying to preserve your units. I imagine both sides would sit on their behinds though trying to wait out the enemy. Destruction mode still has points to hold as an incentive to attack?

fran

Destruction mode still has points to hold as an incentive to attack?

The more sectors you control, the more points you gain to buy units...and lose them if not careful.

Destraex

Quote from: fran on November 24, 2022, 12:41:53 PM
Destruction mode still has points to hold as an incentive to attack?

The more sectors you control, the more points you gain to buy units...and lose them if not careful.
I think you are probably right.

fran

What is the spec of your pc, graphic card...screenshots looks great!