Recommend me a book on Operation Barbarossa

Started by greengiant, July 11, 2022, 09:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greengiant

So I've done the bare-bones of research; that is reading the article on Operation Barbarossa provided by Encyclopedia Britannica. Could someone recommend a dedicated book on this topic? Retail or free are both welcome.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Also funny stuff, my caption thing for security when posting spelt garyg at the start hehe.

Dammit Carl!

Found War Without Garlands by Robert Kershaw to be intriguing and a pretty good (i.e. not dry) read.

GDS_Starfury

I dunno Pete, Glantz can get pretty dry really fast.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

greengiant

Thank you all for such speedy responses  :) I've bookmarked them now so cheers!

Jarhead0331

Another recommendation is Operation Barbarossa and Germany's Defeat in the East, by David Stahel. It is available on Amazon.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bobarossa

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 11, 2022, 11:13:38 AM
Another recommendation is Operation Barbarossa and Germany's Defeat in the East, by David Stahel. It is available on Amazon.
And a hearty recommendation from me on this one.  Has about 70 pages on Germany's completely inept planning for Barbarossa.

Dammit Carl!

If you can find it, Operation Barbarossa 1941: Hitler Against Stalin by Christer Bergstrom (missing the umlaut there on the "o,") in hardback is absolutely gorgeous in terms of pictures, maps and so on.

Cannot give a trip report on it as of yet as I was just starting to read it when I got distracted by something else.

GDS_Starfury