Georgia guidestones destroyed

Started by W8taminute, July 19, 2022, 03:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

How come no one talked about this?

I'd post a link but I'm cautious about what I share.  But this story if you do google it is quite fascinating. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

Don't know anything about this particular story, but I'm familiar with the monument. 

I gotta love the idea of some post-apocalyptic civilization traveling across an irradiated wasteland, braving sickness and mutants in search of the storied "American Stonehenge" with all the information you need to restart civilization.... Only to show up and discover it's just a list of platitudes like "Prize truth, beauty, love, and seek harmony with the infinite."

Thanks, guess I'll just die of radiation sickness and a dozen different types of cancer!  :2funny:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

I think it's a little interesting that Georgia is demolishing the rest of it rather than recreating the 'wing' that got blown up -- granted, it was a private enterprise (more or less) but it was on government land and they upkept it, if I understand correctly.

Considering how many security cameras are around it, the perpetrator should be arrested pretty soon, I suppose.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

I agree al.  I think I'd rather just die in the initial blast. 

Jason you bring up a good point.  The site was demolished on day one of the crime.  Curious.  I'll leave it there. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 19, 2022, 04:00:26 PM
I think it's a little interesting that Georgia is demolishing the rest of it rather than recreating the 'wing' that got blown up -- granted, it was a private enterprise (more or less) but it was on government land and they upkept it, if I understand correctly.

Personal theory here: The Man was in on it and decided to take out the "devilish item," the rest of the way.  Enough conspiracy kooks have wormed their way into government now and to carry out their designs (i.e. remove the Guidestones) is no big thing.

Of course, having said that, I sound like a conspiracy kook now.

FarAway Sooner

Carl, just because you're a conspiracy kook doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you...        O0

W8taminute

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 29, 2022, 12:35:02 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 19, 2022, 04:00:26 PM

Personal theory here: The Man was in on it and decided to take out the "devilish item," the rest of the way.  Enough conspiracy kooks have wormed their way into government now and to carry out their designs (i.e. remove the Guidestones) is no big thing.

Of course, having said that, I sound like a conspiracy kook now.

No I think you make a lot of sense.

Consider this...Not that long ago people who had theories were labeled conspiracy theorists.  They were mocked and laughed at.

Today a lot of those kooky crazy pothead conspiracies are kind of coming true.  World Economic Forum, that's all I'm going to say to back up my previous sentence. 

Furthermore I perform a pre-emptive strike and say I am not going to talk about this any further.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 29, 2022, 02:28:41 PM
Carl, just because you're a conspiracy kook doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you...        O0

Well, they've succeeded in convincing my goddam riding mower to screw up it's steering mechanism again.  Just replaced that part a month ago at best.

-salty as shit about that utter and complete piece of crap "Craftsman," mower
--on the other hand, I did get it for free
---still a piece of shit though

W8taminute

^Haha!  Yeah I had a Craftsman push mower that wasn't at all like my dad's craftsman from back in the day.  I donated it to a neighbor and bought myself a Honda.  Thing has been running great now for the past 5 years.

Gusington

Call me a hippie but I just bought a Makita battery powered mower and it is awesome. Of course after I put it together it basically stopped raining and my grass is virtually dead...but it's the thought that counts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: W8taminute on July 29, 2022, 02:43:12 PM
^Haha!  Yeah I had a Craftsman push mower that wasn't at all like my dad's craftsman from back in the day.  I donated it to a neighbor and bought myself a Honda.  Thing has been running great now for the past 5 years.

Hey, not all Craftsman stuff is bad.  I bought a Craftsman gas-powered (Tecumseh Eager-1 engine) push mower back in 1995.  Thing had an aluminum deck so never had rust issues.  Mower finally died on me in 2020.   :(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

solops

We have a "backup" Stonhenge about 10 miles from my house. It is a bit undersized, but hey, it is something. It is in Ingram, Tx.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2022, 02:48:20 PM
Call me a hippie but I just bought a Makita battery powered mower and it is awesome. Of course after I put it together it basically stopped raining and my grass is virtually dead...but it's the thought that counts.

Oh boy are you in luck!

Free this week on Epic.  Lawn Mowing Simulator!

QuoteExperience the beauty and detail of mowing the Great British countryside in Lawn Mowing Simulator, the only simulator that allows you to ride an authentic and expansive roster of real-world licensed lawn mowers from prestigious manufacturers; Toro, SCAG and STIGA as you manage your mowing business.
PHYSICALLY AUTHENTIC LAWN MOWING EXPERIENCE
Execute ground checks, set your blade height, and measure your engine load as you complete a variety of contracts across Career Mode, Free Mode or Challenge Mode. Take your mowing further with several attachments from stripe rollers, mulching kits, grass collectors, recyclers, flail decks and more.
BEAUTIFUL RURAL BRITISH COUNTRYSIDE
Lawn Mowing Simulator is set in a beautiful British countryside town. Busy residential streets, vast castle grounds, quaint cottage greens, and large equestrian fields are just some of the locations that await your mowing blades.
REAL WORLD LICENSED MOWER MANUFACTURERS 
Toro, SCAG and STIGA front line Lawn Mowing Simulator with their real-world machines painstakingly re-created visually and physically. 12 Mowers are available in the base game, each with their own challenges, attachments and upgrades to pursue.
ACCURATE AND ATTENTIVE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Build your own lawncare business from the ground up. Purchase and upgrade your headquarters, hire employees, purchase advertising and balance the books as you grow and expand your business.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/lawn-mowing-simulator-838bf3

Sir Slash

I hear it's a very cutting experience.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

Slash, I hear there's mow to it than that!