Childhood tv shows

Started by W8taminute, September 20, 2022, 03:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Ok boys and girls.  Here is a thread where we can talk about our favorite childhood tv shows.  I reckon the majority of the people here are in their 40s - 60s so I'm hoping to share some common interests with you.  Some of you might be younger but certainly well past your childhood. 

So what were the 3 most favorite shows you absolutely loved to watch as a child?  I'm talking about the top three shows you couldn't live without as a child.  (otherwise I'm sure the list would be very very long)
Mine were ranked in order of importance to me:

1. Speed Racer
2. The Monkees
3. Kimba the White Lion

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

Various iterations of Loony Tunes  (although the post 1940s Road Runner ones kinda sucked)

Scooby Doo (the ones without Scrappy)

Gilligan's Island

ArizonaTank

1) Batman
2) Lost in Space
3) Hogan's Heroes

in that order....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

In no particular order:

Animated:
Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
GI Joe
Robotech
Voltron
Star Blazers
He-Man
Transformers

Sitcoms:
Different Strokes
Silver Spoons
Growing Pains
Brady Bunch
Family Ties
Bosom Buddies
CHIPS
Dukes of Hazard
Knight Rider
Street Hawk
Air Wolf

I could go on, but you get the point...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

The first two to come to mind are:

I Dream of Jeannie
Gilligan's Island

...have to get back to you for #3

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Dammit Carl!

Lol. Would have to say that the only thing no one has mentioned yet is the Sid & Marty Krofft stuff (but to be fair, I caught bits and pieces of those things in, perhaps their 1st or 2nd re-running in much the same way I caught the original Star Trek series).  Even then, I only glimpsed a smidge of their weirdness.

Musta  been hard as hell as a kid to convince their family to turn over the tv to that as opposed to Hee-Haw. 

-says the guy while watching the "Buck Owens Show," on YouTube as we write

solops

Combat!
The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp
Rawhide

And later on, Star Trek, Hogan's Heroes, Batman.
Leave it to Beaver and Superman were in there somewhere.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Aw shit, "Rat Patrol!"

Would lay money down that there is a scene in one episode that is the idea of the Death Star trench run, but with jeeps, .50 calls, and nazis but the specifics elude me.  Dudes are bombing down between trains and causing grief but I'd swear that's where Lucas got his idea from.

Gusington

Three's Company
Good Times
The Jeffersons
All in the Family
Taxi
Eight is Enough
What's Happening
The A-Team
V
The Carol Burnett Show
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
Sanford and Son
Benson
Gimme a Break!
The Muppet Show
Sesame Street
Emergency!
SWAT
Mission Impossible
Amerika
*MASH*

So many more...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"It comes most often at night.

That niggling memory, gnawing in some corner of your mind like a rodent chewing the corners of the drywall. The memory of some brightly lit cartoon funland, or a world of puppets. A memory of a tv show, you would watch, seated cross legged on the living room floor with the fixed enthusiastic attention only a child can give.

Attention that you wish now, you perhaps hadn't given so freely. For there is something about that show, something about the discordant music, the details of the characters, their motivations and the storylines, the fixed maniacal grins that seems, looking back, to be altogether too sinister to be a children's show. You try to block the memory out and yet, there in the back of your mind, most often at night, the puppet's fixed grin, keeps on smiling."
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on September 20, 2022, 04:44:16 PM
The first two to come to mind are:

I Dream of Jeannie
Gilligan's Island

...have to get back to you for #3

Imagine, if you will...

#3 The Twilight Zone
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

W8taminute

Wow there are a lot of shows on everyone's list that I also enjoyed.  I had a big crush on Becky from Huck Finn that was on Banana Splits and the girl from Danger Island. 

Becky

Girl from Danger Island
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Tales from the Dark Side!! I couldn't even watch the opening credits of that damned show.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I'll stick to pre-teen years.

Robotech
Star Blazers
Dr. Who
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

I guess I'll give a real response instead of a creepypasta...

So...

Speed Racer
Star Blazers
Twilight Zone
MASH
Star Trek
Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century
Battlestar Galactica
Dr. Who
The A-Team
Knight Rider
Airwolf

TV Movies or miniseries...

The Day After (TRAUMATIZED)
V

Those were the formative ones.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback