Upcoming Holiday Sales…what are you looking to get?

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 22, 2022, 06:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on November 28, 2022, 05:19:14 PM
Just picked up Dune Spice Wars.

It didn't grab me at first, but there have been some really nice updates over the past few months and the game is getting quite good.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

Despite my earlier words I did buy "Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter" - but in my defence it's been on my wishlist since it came out.

JasonPratt

Well let's see, after the sale... I ended up buying:

Pavlov's House
Rebel Inc: Escalation
Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood
Mars Horizon
Ballads of Hongye

Naval Hurricane

I bought Clanfolk, Against the Storm, and Age of Darkness: Final Stand, as well as some Vermintide 2 DLC before the sale. (No doubt during the Halloween sale.)

Having been busy elsewhere, I've only played Hongye so far. It is a suuuuuper-arty real-time town-builder. The first mission (so far) very much leads you by the hand -- just do exactly what it tells you, without worrying about resources of which you'll have plenty. I'm not sure I'm getting a real understanding of the game yet, but reviews say it gets super-hard very quickly, which I can't say I'm looking forward to yet. There is no way to save the game until rather far into the opening mission either. Game mechanics are easy so far, UI is a bit fiddly. Can't tell if there's any way for me to rotate properties before placing -- seems like no, but maybe that functionality opens up later. The art style actually gets distracting while trying to learn the game! This is the first town-builder which has come close to giving my aging Falcon Mach V super-computer problems, and clocks in at over 25 Gigs download -- all from the art.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Father Ted, the Destroyer game is pretty fun.  It reminds me, gameplay-wise, of Cold Waters, which is to say if you enjoy that type of gameplay you'll probably like Destroyer. 

I got in with 1 hour left with Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord and Kingdom Come: Deliverance

There were a few other titles I wanted, but ultimately passed on.  I have soooo many games I've yet to play, let alone install...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bardolph

After recently purchasing CoD MWII and Tactics Ogre and getting sucked back in to New World on the Fresh Start servers I confined myself to RDR2. I've got ~400 hours in RDO so it seemed like maybe its time to try the story version.

Time to get back in the saddle:

Well, as soon as I find a saddle that will fit.

Gusington

^HA that is awesome - please tell me that's your actual in game avatar for RDO.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SlagDog

I ended up buying Red Dead Redemption 2, Imperiums Rome vs Carthage and the Field of Glory Medieval DLCs.

RDR 2 Story is really cool. I feel like I'm living in a freaking Western and the graphics are really amazing. The story is fantastic and the character development is top notch. With all that said though, as a game I really wanted more freedom to do stuff (like in Skyrim or the Fallout series). It just feels more like I'm on rails then I particularly like.

I really can't wait to dig into the Imperiums game. Everything about that game looks very well done.   

Tanaka

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 24, 2022, 10:10:19 AM
I picked up a bunch of the SGS titles that are 50% off.

What do people think about these SGS titles? I've been disappointed by the AI and they seem best suited for MP...

MengJiao

Quote from: Tanaka on November 30, 2022, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 24, 2022, 10:10:19 AM
I picked up a bunch of the SGS titles that are 50% off.

What do people think about these SGS titles? I've been disappointed by the AI and they same best suited for MP...

I've enjoyed beating up the AI in unusual ways -- but that's just me.

Bardolph

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2022, 11:23:56 AM
^HA that is awesome - please tell me that's your actual in game avatar for RDO.

Lol! Sorry to disappoint Gus, that's actually my brother. My horse is just off screen trying to act like he doesn't know us.
This is me just outside of Blackwater when last seen:

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd