Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

It's actually just an army made up of mohels.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

That actually sounds terrifyingly effective. My father in law acted as a mohel for time. You can imagine how happy I was to hear that when I first met him 😳

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Totally off-topic but as a nurse for 25 + years, I think the worst possible thing I saw was an infant circumcision. It hurt me for days afterward. Not opining on the procedure or the reasons, just the sights and sounds.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Don't look! And everything will be...fine.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

greengiant

Operation Typhoon underway. Let's see if I can defy history and give the madman his Moscow.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

Sure looks like it. That is one hard, and big, scenario. TOAW 4 had an epic WWI Grand Campaign covering the entire planet practically. The only thing was the AI couldn't handle it effectively so it had to be E-Mail with another player or solitaire against yourself. Just zooming around the map took forever.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

greengiant

Quote from: al_infierno on August 11, 2022, 04:37:30 PM
^ Nice!  Is that TOAW 4?

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 11, 2022, 09:47:55 PM
Sure looks like it. That is one hard, and big, scenario. TOAW 4 had an epic WWI Grand Campaign covering the entire planet practically. The only thing was the AI couldn't handle it effectively so it had to be E-Mail with another player or solitaire against yourself. Just zooming around the map took forever.

Yup TOAW4. I saw that one your talking about; something like 300 or 400 turns+. Phew, not for me right now; this is about as large as I'm willing to go currently with my time constraints; it's a 40 turn scenario so pretty doable for me over about a month. I just recently got a victory on the Crete scenario and it turns out the same player has accepted my challenge for this one. I enjoy taking the underdog of scenarios and trying to change history (like with Crete) but historically at this point the Russians could pump out a never ending wave of soldiers no matter how hard Germany tried. Let's see where this goes.

Sir Slash

Lookie-Lou reporting for duty, Sir.  \m/

greengiant

I'll be wrapping up my Iwo Jima AAR soon; got all the screenshots (I won). After quite a marathon run of PBEM games on TOAW IV I decided to take a break and fire up one of my favourite tactical rpgs, the Shadowrun series. A spooky moment from the first game.

Gusington

Started an Alemanni campaign in Rome Total War Remastered. Within a few turns the Burgundii horde besieged my capital with four horde armies with a total of 4000 men...against my defending 250 or so. I took out about 2000 of them but finally got beat. It was a gallant attempt  :-\

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MOS:96B2P

Combat Mission Black Sea.

Sir Slash

Sir Slash

Solasta: Crown of the Magister. I thought this game was getting a little predictable...then I run into this. A destroyed library the size of Yankee Stadium with floating books. Did NOT see that coming.  :shocked: You cannot view this attachment.