Aircraft Carrier Survival

Started by Jarhead0331, March 31, 2021, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

The prologue for this game dropped today. It's essentially a free demo for the full game, which is due for release at some point in the future.

I've only just scratched the surface, but so far I'm extremely impressed. Seems to be a lot of detail packed in to this.

Again, the prologue is FREE, so go check it out!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1493800/Aircraft_Carrier_Survival_Prologue/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

It gave it a whirl.  I need to go through the tutorial videos again because I was only half paying attention and I ended up struggling with getting my flights spotted and launched.

Seems cool though!  The crew management and damage control portions remind me a bit of the UBOOT board game.

FarAway Sooner

Staggerwing

Those Wildcats on deck with Hellcat landing gear are triggering my OCD...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

The_Admiral

Oh well, screenshots are rather old, for some of them. Don't hesitate to judge for yourself by downloading the prologue - it is a freebie after all! No excuse  ;)

Been following ACS for a long time. Not by kind of game, but good some good ideas left and right I have been carefully researching for myself. I wish them luck, considering the number of wishlists they have already, I don't worry too much for them!  O0

Skoop

Looks interesting, how tactical is it though.  Is there more than just looking at cut away views of the carrier ?

JasonPratt

I've been waiting for this for a while, and I just picked it up tonight. Will try to post comments tomorrow or this weekend.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Stormstout

Someone mentioned it before that it looks similar to the Uboat game. And that is not a bad comparison! I have UBoat and I enjoyed the few hours I spent with it but when I last played it was still a bit clunky. They said to have given the tutorial an overhaul and I was tempted to return to the game but it is supposed to release in 1.0 this year with more changes coming. So I am going to hold my horses. How is the tutorial in Aircraft? I really like the look of this game but could someone summarize the differences, please? Or is there a demo version (my Steam doesn't show the DEMO button).

JasonPratt

The demo situation is weird. (I haven't played the game yet either way; got distracted on 7DtD multiplayer last night.)

The "prologue", which was later renamed the "tutorial", was released last year (or the year before?), and cost actual money to buy as I recall (having got it). Now the new game is out, and my "prologue" was going to do a huge multi-gig updated, but I didn't know why since I had already downloaded the main game -- thus I stopped the download (which took a while!) and deleted it. The prologue/tutorial doesn't seem to be available anymore? -- even though the store page (and its reviews) are still there?

Reviews have been complaining (understandably) that there was no offset discount for people who bought the prologue already. Anyway, this prologue/tutorial thing was the demo.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Jarhead0331

I can't get the damn thing to display in full screen mode. I just have options for windowed or borderless and the max res is like 1920x1080. WTF? It's really annoying and keeping me from playing it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Can you set your monitor to 1080, and play borderless?  ???

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, the demo confusion may be solved. The full game can be downloaded for free on Steam here, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1493800/Aircraft_Carrier_Survival_Tutorial/

But only the Tutorial is unlocked.

Based on my experience, it's possible that paying for the full game doesn't simply update a bit of code in the 'Tutorial' to unlock the fully installed game, but rather installs the full game again with everything unlocked -- because the two things are separate Steam entries.