ICBM - The Global Conflict (in development)

Started by ufnv, September 15, 2019, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ufnv

New version is available, fixes some bugs, rebalances the units and technologies and adds some new features - thanks for your feedback!

PMs with the link sent.

ufnv

Added some new UI features.

Here, for example, is the view when some unit with the Nuclear weapon is selected. This way it is much quicker to select the target - just look at the amount of points it can potentially give!

Jrelliott123

I saw this on Wargamer and had to create an account just to try and get my foot in the door to test this! I'd really love to help and get the chance to play this, I'm a huge strategy gamer and nuclear war is often overlooked. It's a huge interest of mine and this project excites me so much!

ufnv

Quote from: Jrelliott123 on November 10, 2019, 07:14:30 PM
I saw this on Wargamer and had to create an account just to try and get my foot in the door to test this! I'd really love to help and get the chance to play this, I'm a huge strategy gamer and nuclear war is often overlooked. It's a huge interest of mine and this project excites me so much!

PM sent!

ufnv

To have the download link, just send me the PM

solops

So, what news? I have had fun with the beta.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

ufnv

Quote from: solops on March 05, 2020, 07:14:54 PM

It is progressing - now looks very different. Sent the link to the recent version in PM.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: ufnv on March 06, 2020, 01:20:01 PM
Quote from: solops on March 05, 2020, 07:14:54 PM
It is progressing - now looks very different. Sent the link to the recent version in PM.

Interesting. What did you change?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ufnv

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 06, 2020, 01:55:38 PM
Interesting. What did you change?
Visually - different palette, effects, unit icons, map, some UI
Sounds
A lot of gameplay related features, following the players feedback
Multiplayer - changes/fixes, new engine, etc.

Well, difficult to describe it just looks differently and the gameplay is improved.

Old TImer

Sent you a PM.  I'd love to help with this.

I'm currently struggling though Eversim's "4th Generation Warfare".

Thanks.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: gregb41352 on March 07, 2020, 05:40:51 PM
Sent you a PM.  I'd love to help with this.

I'm currently struggling though Eversim's "4th Generation Warfare".

Thanks.

How is 4th Generation Warfare? Is it much different than the other Eversim titles? Looks very similar, but with a heavier emphasis on individual personalities that appear on map as units...sort of like the diplomats, spies and assassins in Total War games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Old TImer

"How is 4th Generation Warfare? Is it much different than the other Eversim titles? Looks very similar, but with a heavier emphasis on individual personalities that appear on map as units...sort of like the diplomats, spies and assassins in Total War games."

It looks like a fun game.  If only I can figure out what to do and how to do it.  You play as many personalities (President,
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Homeland Security, Police etc)  So you have to take actions with each one each turn.  Turn
based game, one turn equals one day.  Kind of a more granular version of their "Power and Revolution", which I quite
like.  Anyway, it's in Early Access so I assume guides and manuals will come along.  I sorta like it but I'm a foreign affairs
geek.

ufnv

The game is announced!

The trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-w1Goeoqdg

Grim.Reaper

Nice...didn't realize it would be a Matrix/Slitherine title...good luck with the game.

Surtur

"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"