Trials and tribulations of owning a house

Started by Jarhead0331, February 06, 2021, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Maybe we need to start a new thread for other home-related trials and tribulations, but since this one already exists, Ima gonna vent here...

So today I was out mowing my yard for just the 2nd time this season, when the muffler and muffler bracket on my 2005 lawn tractor decide to just...fall off.  Since they were located on the lower front of the mower, I had no clue until I ran over them. :tickedoff:  Blades hit 'em and engine just died.  #:-)  Fortunately, engine still starts OK, and the blades still engage OK with no vibs.  Looked under the deck and I don't see any knicks in the blades, etc, so I lucked out there, at least.  The muffler/bracket didn't look rusted, so I'm not quite sure why they just fell off.  I guess the screws just got loose and I didn't notice.
Just started to look for parts and looks like its gonna cost me $200+, which is better than a new mower, but still... :pullhair:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

^Crap, that sucks in a National Lampoon/Griswold family sorta way.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: steve58 on April 08, 2021, 03:21:06 PM
Mower shit

Lol.  A few days ago: mower works fine.  Yesterday: split tire in front with tube bulging through and zero start - no "click," no nothing so assume battery went tits-up after wife was, "I couldn't get the key out, so I just left it there; don't know how it got out." and has no idea how the tire split, but she hit something hard enough to rotate the steering wheel on the shaft to where the "centered," wheels don't match the "centered," steering wheel if that makes any sense.  And I just fixed the steering mechanism this past Sunday too.

That woman is a bane to anything remotely resembling technology.

Gusington

'Women and machinery do not mix.'
-A Great Man

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

No joke.  She bent the inside rim of a wheel on her car one time.  The inside.  And has gone through at least two engines with two separate cars.

I flinch any time I see her near the computer.

Gusington

I think I have said this before but we are married to the same woman.

An hour ago I came home from dropping off one of our daughters at school to find The Wife futzing with the garage door...'It's stuck,' she says.

The unlock cord got caught on the top of her massive new SUV (which she got because a deer totaled her previous massive SUV, but that's a story for another day.)

I have evolved enough now to not lose my mind, climbed up to grab the cord and tied a knot so it would clear.

All this to say that the quote above is always relevant.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on April 09, 2021, 08:50:16 AM
I think I have said this before but we are married to the same woman.

If your wife has the allergic reaction to persons who are just sitting (i.e. "Get up! Go Work! Now!") that mine does, then yes, we are indeed related in some fashion.

Gusington

^I have learned to never sit and always be seen carrying something from one part of the house to the other. Same at the in-laws house.

Oh and The Wife is also terrible with computers and digital technology of most types.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Our ONLY Lawnmower shop went 'Tits-Up' recently and there was no one in town to get my mower ready for the mowing season. After asking around, I was pleasantly surprised to find a local guy who did an excellent job and was very reasonable in price. Not often I get a break like that and I'm positively keeping his number a secret.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Possibly expanded the thread title by this method? Will try the experiment...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 10, 2021, 05:03:37 PM
Possibly expanded the thread title by this method? Will try the experiment...

I occasionally change a thread title.  I've found the new title only remains until someone posts after you.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)