Six Days in Fallujah Revived!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 12, 2021, 08:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

https://www.engadget.com/six-days-in-fallujah-iraq-war-game-revived-181426579.html

Over a decade after it was announced, Six Days in Fallujah will arrive on PC and consoles later this year. Highwire Games — whose developers who previously worked on the likes of Destiny and Halo — is reviving the controversial Iraq War game as a tactical first-person shooter.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1548850/Six_Days_in_Fallujah/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I remember being interested when it was first announced. More interested now 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Looks too intense for me. I'd have to call my doctor for more BP meds.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Reminds me of Close Combat: First to Fight
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Staggerwing

Wasn't Kuma\War out around the same time that this was announced? IIRC, it had a similar concept of creating scenarios based on real events.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

^What a bunch of assholes. I guess they should just cancel all combat based historical wargames too.   :knuppel2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

z1812

Jarhead0331

Hopefully this will be publicity for the game and it will all just backfire.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 26, 2021, 02:59:59 PM
Hopefully this will be publicity for the game and it will all just backfire.

Usually how this kind of thing works out.  Imagine if War in the East 2 was criticized for "normalizing" the mass murder of Soviets.  ::)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

- MengJiao

Sir Slash

I would be guilty of probably accidentally killing half of my own squad-mates in that game I think.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.